Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: W/Bay pipe Sun 6/6 posted on 6/6/2004

Subject: W/Bay pipe Sun 6/6tich

posted on 6/6/2004 at 15:03 A rather sad day today, my little spinning rod finely died it was my very first fishing rod It was origionaly a fly rod that I got off my old man when I was about 9yrs old. It had seen some good times & some bad times, especially when it was snapped by the Old Man who had borrowed it (without my permission) when I was about 12.. Still it carried on (although slightley shorter) giving me hours of pleasure on the River Tyne and afair few trout. then it was snapped again, rendering it absalutley useless for fly fishing, It was given a new lease of life about 25yrs ago when I discovered spinning for mackerel was great fun. I managed to 'graft' a slightly longer butt to it and haved used it for most of my spinning since,, unfortunatly to day 6/6/04 at approx 2.45pm as we were just about to leave the pipe it was snapped again.This time it was terminal no rod how ever well built can live though '' 3 snappings'' in its life time.So with great saddness it was given the last rites and buried at sea R.I.P. (Rod In Pieces) sniff....... I did catch 2 not quite size flatties on ONE HOOK dont know how the hell I did it ,, but I did this can be confirned by Coza who I was fishing with, he caught 1, again not quite size plaice... Idid also catch a weaver fish whilst spinning I foul hooked it right next to its 3 little spines , but managed with great difficulty to unhook it, with out being pricked by it... What do you do if you are stung by one??.. or is'nt it that bad ... CHEERS A very sad TICH
Working...
X