Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: At F'F ? lipping last , the pipe W bay, 27/6th posted on 27/6/2004

Subject: At F'F ? lipping last , the pipe W bay, 27/6thtich

posted on 27/6/2004 at 22:37 Well I did it, my first mackerel of the season, a very nice 1, 1/2 lb.. offthe pipe at Whitley bay,,, more well chuffed with the fact I was useing the rod & reel for the first time, & caught it on the first cast, spent another 3 hours doing naff all ,, 2 of us fished 4 rods.. 2 rods trying for flatties or what ever, and 2 spinning but caught sod all.. spent 3/4 of my time showing 3 kids how to cast & were,,One of them had the most humungest fxt spool reel with approx 50lb line on, using a 4ft ft rod. so Colin & my self hopefully nudged them in the right'ish direction regarding the ways of sea fishing ,, It did spoil the day, but somewere along the line someone has to show the young'uns how to do it,, my old man was my mentor,and sometimes still is, although he has(as he sez) graduated to game fishing(can'nt stand the cold,Me thinks,'' Its a bit chilly tonight son,I might just knock it on the head,''.. The old git,and thats in June ,, Still it was a nice Sunday afternoon out, followed by the reguately 1/2 doz or so pints in the Kittiwake and watch the footy onthe box..I just hope the rod & reel hold up to the high standards that the last owner kept,... I would like to thank Paul Tailer for his spare/ unusued rod & reel that was payed for in beer tolkens ,,, 10 of them,, ( dont let his missues know..). he only popped out for a quick pint or so,, and I somehow ended up with a 6ft telescopic rod with a very nice fxt spool reel + a day on the Pi55 ...Im going to try the Pipe tomorrow (Mon 28/6 ) will see what happens.... cheers Tich
Working...
X