X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: SO. SHIELDS PIER: 25-26/08/04 posted on 26/8/2004

Subject: SO. SHIELDS PIER: 25-26/08/04TC
    Unregistered

posted on 26/8/2004 at 04:03Well, after using nil bait in yesterdays "midweek boat trip", decided to have a few hours on Shields pier. Arrived 8:30 and fished the Rail End.

Plenty Whiting about (although they did seem to come in fits & starts).

Could go for half an hour without so much as a sniff at the bait, but as soon as I was into a fish, so was Ian (and vice versa). Got to wondering if there was a shoal of Whiting doing circuits......half an hour with nothing, then both into fish......followed by half an hour of nothing, then both into fish.......that seemed to be the general pattern.

Unusual catch of the night :- I got a lobster (and a Whiting at the same time...lol). The lobster was a brilliant blue colour......didn't have owt that would contain the beasite 'til I got home, so it was returned.

Total catch from the night:

Ian: 5 Whiting - all returned
    Me: 7 Whiting - kept 3 (I like Whiting - doused in flour,shallow fried and put into a sarnie........BOOOOOTIFUL)........oh, and a lobster - returned.

After getting up at 6:00am for the boat trip, I'm well & truly wacked (now 5:00am)........but I've really enjoyed me day......yeah even the barfing during the aborted boat trip........I love fishin', me !!!........lol
Working...
X