Easington Open...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easington Open...

I fished Horden in flat calm conditions...
    I managed to get a dab (26cm), plaice (35cm) and a whiting (34cm) - total bag weight of 1.76lb. Had 2nd pick of the table and won myself an ABU 6500ct Rocket, the chrome one...All in all it was a hard day, and distance definately paid off.

Well done Paul, very hard work at the moment.

Jim.
    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Well done mate
      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

well done paul. were abouts on horden were you fishing??
        Rod building.................

Comment

Originally posted by sinkermanallan View Post
          well done paul. were abouts on horden were you fishing??
          Deneholm...as you come onto the beach go left about 100yds (white rock area I think), me and my mate were under our buddies, (blue and black buddies..)

Comment

Originally posted by willywetegg View Post
            Well done Paul, very hard work at the moment.

Jim.
            Thanks Jim...3 clipped down baits, and baits were very small. Worm, sandeel and thumbnails of mackerel. As other competitors around us were not hitting the distances we were, our plan was to keep zingin' it out - and at the same time keep an eye out for others pulling flounders in from not so far out, as often happens on Horden. But the distance paid off in the end, as finding three elusive fish proved...

Comment

looks like it was hard work that comp

sless

Comment

Originally posted by sless View Post
                looks like it was hard work that comp
                I think 300 fished - 45 weighed in!!

Comment

i usely fish were the big log is on the beach there is a deep gully goes out there.
                  Rod building.................

Comment

Originally posted by sinkermanallan View Post
                    i usely fish were the big log is on the beach there is a deep gully goes out there.
                    I was about 30 yds to the right of it as you look at the sea...

Comment

looks like there was some good prizes for the fish that were caught

sless

Comment

Fished the Green wall with live crab and blacks,didnt av a bite all day.Roll on the Winter...!!

Comment

I think 535 fished and 46 anglers weighed in 58 fish.

Grim.
                          North East Surfcasting Association

Comment

I fished horden aswell penn525, i was the lad that nearly fell into your beach buddy when leaving the beach after an hour and a half!!! My mate had a pier peg so i dropped him off then went to the hall beach and only had 2 bites all day. I probably would have stayed at horden if the family picnic hadnt turned up and decided to set up next to us and procede to start on the carlsberg!

Comment

Originally posted by jamiebrennan View Post
                              I fished horden aswell penn525, i was the lad that nearly fell into your beach buddy when leaving the beach after an hour and a half!!! My mate had a pier peg so i dropped him off then went to the hall beach and only had 2 bites all day. I probably would have stayed at horden if the family picnic hadnt turned up and decided to set up next to us and procede to start on the carlsberg!
                              Yeah, saw you mate...hope you didn't damage any rings on your rod mate..(were you the guy that fell?)
                              Saw that family too - they were about to set up IN FRONT OF ME!! Gave them a long hard stare - they carried on walking! Obviously next to you...Later on during the match, the older guy (was he chinese?) began wading around in the water! Very strange...must have been the ale?
                              Better luck next time mate..

Comment

Working...
                              X