Tynemouth 23-01-07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tynemouth 23-01-07

Started on the prom at King Eddy's and caught a three bearded rockling. Moved in to the Oxfauld Gully but too much pull and weed. Moved into the old open air swimming pool but sea was still crashing over. Decided to have a look at Cullercoats Harbour. The swell had just stopped coming over the south pier and there was a guy fishing from there. I joined him and on my first cast caught a small codling 3/4 lb. Next two casts two cod 2 lb 8 ozs and 3 lb. All fish were safely returned to fight another day. Called it a day as low tide to late tonight.
    Cheers
    Marty

I love fishing cullercoats harbour but always at low water, were you off the pier or on the rocks?
    Regards, Graham

Comment

well done mate,,,

Comment

Graham , I was fishing on the pier as low water was not until 12-30am. Its the first time in my life that I have fished off the pier as I always fish low water.
        Cheers
        Marty

Comment

My brother Rod likes the south pier, casting alongside the Beacon Rock. The deepest hole I think is about 15 yards from the pier looking towards the middle. Personally I prefer the north pier, again casting up the skeers but there's more chance of taking a swim on there. Like Marty it's a few years since I've fished either one.

Comment

Ah, the south pier !!!! Caught my first fish from the bottom of the steps there when I was 9 - a "podler" (coalie) on a handline. Have fished there a few times over the years at high water but with little succes.
            So long and thanks for all the fish! (www.lsbsac.co.uk)

Comment

Fished Tuesday night at Tynemouth with Matty.T and Flathead. Started about 7.15pm at the north end bottom of the ramp. Had a couple of chucks but too much weed. Flathead got one small codling. Quite a few were coming and going.

Moved on to Whitley beach a bit up from the Rendevous. Sea was dying all the time as the tide dropped. Matty got one codling about 1.5lb. A few bites but as we got onto the rocks at the bottom a few more bites, got another small codling and missed fish before me and Matty had rockling so called it a night.

Checked Blyth on the way home and it had flattened right off at the north end. Wind was coming westerley at the time.

Comment

Working...
              X