North Wilkies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Wilkies

Just back in from a spot of fishing after late shift ,I fished North Wilkies with Alan Norman he managed two out about 1.5 lb ish and a littleun whereas I hung in there for a biggun ( which obviously got lost somewhere and didn't understand the plan ) ,to top it all I pulled in a rockling last cast ,the sea looked great ,bait used was crab ,mussel ,yellow tails .
    I saw a few lights at Cullercoats harbour and a couple on Slatey as I made my way down ,I'd looked earlier this afternoon and Cullercoats Harbour looked fantastic with a North Easterly sea pushing into the south side of the harbour rocks. I'm scared to look at the forcast ,because if the sea is going to die off ,which it is at the minute then I might have to take a holiday from work .
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Steve,

That was me on Slatey - had 1 pollack about 1lb from the bottom of the stairs before moving onto slatey when the tide dropped.

One lad stayed on the beach at the stairs bottom and had a bag of 4 fish (all keepers) around the 2lb mark.

Good night had by all!
    cold, wet, shivering, worth it? .....wey aye!

Comment

Nice one Steve.
      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Working...
      X