Seaton Sluice 5th Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaton Sluice 5th Oct

Fished down on the rocks at the back of the King's Arms Pub lastnight. Fished the tide down from about an hour after high tide until it was at the bottom. Had 2 codling, one about a 1lb just about sized, only kept it as the hook was well down then got another of about 2.5 lb which went back to see another day. Not a lot for a lot of the lads on this site to get excited about but I was more than happy with that! Also lost another what felt like a very good fish on the retrieve which was a shame, it had the rod nearly doubled over and my trace snapped off (probs my knot tying). Also had a coalie, a few rockling a an eel. Nice night to be out. Bait used lug, mussel and peeler
    Weapons of choice
    Yuki Q6
    Penn Surfblaster 7000
    Yuki Pro Surf
    Penn Surfblaster 7000

2016- Plaice, Dab, Flounder, Mackerel, Coalie, short spined Scorpion fish, Dogfish, Pouting, Whiting
    2017- Whiting, Codling, Coalie, Flounder, Turbot, Plaice, Bass, Pouting, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing wrasse

Well done mate plenty fish for you
    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Well done Carl, that’s a canny session with plenty of fish and well done for putting the 2 pounder back to grow. There’s always next time for the big one.

Comment

Well done mate i think i will be hittin sluice beach thursday
        Sized cod since Sept 1st = 32 biggest 3lb
        Pb codling 6lb December 2012 tynemouth pier

Comment

hi carl that was me and my son who where fishing near you and your pals we moved onto the pipe till first of the flood some lovely swells coming in but blanked had a few good bites but the hooks were coming back bare welldone on your catch the place you fished is the sumps
          Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Working...
          X