Eyemouth 17/01/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyemouth 17/01/14

Was out after work last night at Eyemouth.

Arrived 16:30 (an hour after high tide). Fished until 20.30 and have to say it was such a nice night to be out. Sea was up, not much wind, sky was clear and big moon lighting up the night sky.

Following on from my thread on best big cod baits I had some new additions to my bait box that I have never tried before - bluey and kart which I was looking forward to testing.

Fished off the red rocks as bit wild around other marks at caravan site side with the sea away. Turned out to be a good night for me 3 Codling including a new personal best fish of bang on 4.5lbs (photo attached with my size 10's for some comparison).

All fish taken on bluey, not a knock on the kart (from baits online). Left a happy chap and wont be leaving the house without some bluey again
    Attached Files

Well done on the catch m8 "if ya looking for the bigger fish bluey mixed wth mussel and squid is a killer

Comment

Nice one, I plan to get back up there in the next few weeks

Comment

I saw your catch report for Eyemouth on here a few weeks back mate. There are a few codling about at the minute. From description of mark you gave I think it as red rocks you were fishing as well.

Might bump into when you are up

Comment

Well done its bluey all the way for us when we go to Norway fishing.
          Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

nice one Berwick mate.

Comment

good catch report berwick,ps did you ever try that beach mark i mentioned to you?seas are spot on atm.

Comment

Nice fish bluey done the business again
                KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                OKUMA TRIO 55
                YUKI RUBYMAR
                RON THOMPSON TYRON
                SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Cheers lads.

I know people make comparison between bluey and mackerel but much as they are both oily fish that is where the comparison stops in my eyes. My opinion, granted that first time using it, bluey is in a different league and is far superior especially when used from frozen. Got a load of mackerel in freezer but think i will keep that for flat bashing

Fished it once reg but blanked. I was fishing worm but it wasn't the best quality which if there were fresh lug around might have been a disadvantage. It definitely has potential. I really need to go dig it then fish it same tide but its finding the time with work etc. This working for a living does nothing but get in the way

Comment

Working...
                  X