No announcement yet.

The ledges Whitburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I saw you, we're you fishing off the ledge is it near the steps down to the wherries? I was in my boat setting up my drift over the hard ground pretty much straight off from you not very far out and drifting back south. Keep promising myself to have a shot off there in the winter but never get round to it, turned out to be a lovely morning out and a few fish always a bonus!!

Comment

Lovely wrasse mate never fished there will have to give it a go
      KOMPRESSOR SPORT
      PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
      PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
      OKUMA TRIO 55
      YUKI RUBYMAR
      RON THOMPSON TYRON
      SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Originally posted by Codcrazy View Post
        Think I saw you, we're you fishing off the ledge is it near the steps down to the wherries? I was in my boat setting up my drift over the hard ground pretty much straight off from you not very far out and drifting back south. Keep promising myself to have a shot off there in the winter but never get round to it, turned out to be a lovely morning out and a few fish always a bonus!!
        Yea that was us mate we were talking about how clean your boat looked lol. Did you have anything?

Comment

Ha ha, looks clean from a distance but them Mackeral do make a bit of a mess! Yeah had a good day in the end, fishing was a bit slow to start with a few cod upto 2lb going back, once the ebb got going it got better, ended up with over 20 fish in the box with the best 2 at 7 & 8lb, I will put a report with a couple of pics in the boat section when I get the photos uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Codcrazy View Post
            Ha ha, looks clean from a distance but them Mackeral do make a bit of a mess! Yeah had a good day in the end, fishing was a bit slow to start with a few cod upto 2lb going back, once the ebb got going it got better, ended up with over 20 fish in the box with the best 2 at 7 & 8lb, I will put a report with a couple of pics in the boat section when I get the photos uploaded.
            Good fish mate was your boat the all white one?

Comment

Yeah....its a Quicksilver boat had it a bit over 3 years now, fish that area a lot in the summer, it always amazes me how close in the fish are, usually sat in about 40ft of water, you would think if they are that close then more would be picked up off the shore marks. Really heavy ground and lose plenty of gear but that goes with territory no different to the shore marks.

Comment

see on ya rig you never used rotten bottom phill lucky to get gear back i fish there in winter in a good sea

Comment

Nice couple of wrasse mate, Its one of my fave marks to fish around here

Comment

He has a Gemini rotten bottom clip on but it's hidden by the donkey choker
                    ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                    Okuma trio Rex
                    Aerlex 7000xsa
                    Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
                      see on ya rig you never used rotten bottom phill lucky to get gear back i fish there in winter in a good sea
                      Yea gemini rotton bottom mate, hard ground around there.

Comment

Working...
                      X