the cannons again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the cannons again.

had canny short session today very small tide,unable to fish of the end rock.had 4 reddies up to 3lb,lost 1 at waters edge possibly 5lb mark.3 lads from peterlee also caught some nice reddies up to 5lb.there also lost a good one around the 7 -8lb mark right down the side.no pollack caught but a nice quick couble of hours fishing.so back to van now codling for tea,couple of cans,thunder @ lighting now,who could ask for more.ps,shameless you should be.LOL.

Nice one reg, would love a shot up there at some point
    Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
    CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Excellent session Reg!
      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

well pleased.

Originally posted by kayos View Post
        Excellent session Reg!
        fryng my codling now,be back in 30 mins.

Comment

Sounds like a good a session
          Personal best codling - 7lb 1oz.

Comment

short but canny.

Originally posted by S.mouse! View Post
            Sounds like a good a session
            just ate my catch 10/10. little tip if COD fishing the area,just use 3oz leads why loose 6oz leads,big cod baits + leads = imo 5oz .only 15-20yard lobs needed.

Comment

Fished Whalt Point on the Golf Course side today - bites every cast. 4 reddies in but not decent size like yours. All around three quarters to just over a pound so all returned. Great sport though.

Only dampener on the day was finding out that at least a third of my "peeler" bought from a local shop were in fact hard backs and nee use whatsoever.
              Last edited by robbo1530; 06-07-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Another canny session for you up there Reg. Keep up the Codbusting!
                Last edited by fishingmark; 07-07-2014, 06:10 AM.
                People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Nice session reggy and some fish suppers will have to get ourselves back up there how much gear did u lose on the big rods mate
                  KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                  PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                  PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                  OKUMA TRIO 55
                  YUKI RUBYMAR
                  RON THOMPSON TYRON
                  SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

frying fish in the van reg it will stink it owttttttt smell like an old kipper box
                    consett warlord retired

Comment

not a lot.

Originally posted by toonboymc View Post
                      Nice session reggy and some fish suppers will have to get ourselves back up there how much gear did u lose on the big rods mate
                      only lost couple of leads + couple of hooks,at different times,if that makes sense.saying that think i only had 6 casts being a small tide.

Comment

What's the path down from the cliff to the skeers like now - heard someone saying it had been eroded away.

Comment

still gets used.

Originally posted by robbo1530 View Post
                          What's the path down from the cliff to the skeers like now - heard someone saying it had been eroded away.
                          personally i go ling way,{its an age issue}lol.i park next to eyemouth swimming baths,walk around beach then up @ down rest of way.

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
                            personally i go ling way,{its an age issue}lol.i park next to eyemouth swimming baths,walk around beach then up @ down rest of way.
                            Hi Reg, and well done on your little session. It's a bit of a trek along the bottom of the cliffs but if you're going that way have you ever thought of setting off a bit sooner, before you can get round the corner, and having a chuck up the sides of the big rocks casting towards the Golf Course. Have caught one or two up there.

Comment

Well done reg pleased you found a few fish. Wouldn't mind a look up there myself soon
                              PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                              PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                              PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                              PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Working...
                              X