turbot heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbot heaven

Headed to drurige bay yesterday afternoon in hope of a few flounder and maybe a turbot or a bass or 2. Gt down there 5ish to fish up to high tide. There was a a nice gully right infront of me and a few little rollers breaking on the sandbar so i was feeling confident. It was fish from the off with a brace of flounder first cast. Then even better 2 turbot and a flounder next cast on the same trace. This took some geting in on the carp rod lol. And the fish kept coming for a mad 2 hours up to high water. I ended up with 7 turbot 9 flounder and a weaver. A couple of the turbot were about 25-30 cm good fun on the light gear. It went dead at high water so i decided to call it a day. Bait used rag macky sandeel.

Might have a session either there or embleton this week.

Comment

Im thinkin of headin up embleton or warkworth next time for a better stamp turbot hopefully

Comment

Fished embleton quite a few times last year. Lots of flounders and turbot but turbot all small, some good flounders though !

Comment

Good flattie session! Where on druridge were you?, I've fished it a few times, right in the middle, and only ever had flounder
          Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
          Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
          Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Just to the right of the green skeer its borderline cresswell/drurige. Close range casting is best no more than 50 yards

Comment

Great session mate, I've had turbot from the same spot. Well done.
              People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Cheers, would that be around this end

Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
                Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
                Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Well done mate. Canny session. My mate landed a turbot from lynmouth 4 year ago hot summers day. Easily 5lb. Biggest flatfish I've ever seen.
                  PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                  PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                  PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                  PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Just infront of the ponds where u see the birdwatchers. Theres a small carpark with a few trees around it. Straight over the dunes from there and a bit to the left youl see the gteen skeer. Its the only few rocks on that bit beach

Comment

Proper dustbin lid that. A had 1 last august nearly 2lb n that nearly was the size of me bucket

Comment

good flattie session mate
                        My Fishing Blog
                        http://seafishingnews.wordpress.com/?ref=spelling

Comment

Just to add. I had a 3lb turbot along with some decent flounders at the north end - Hadston/Hauxley end - 2 years back in flat calm sea at this time of year. There aren't many better ones around but they're a lovely surprise and very tasty too
                          PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

Nice one. That area at Cresswell you were at has been good for turbot for me too over the years. Nothing very big but I always like catching them. Would be nice to get a really decent sized one though!

Comment

Anyone been for a go. Thinkin of headin down again in the next week. Hopefully for a better stamp tuebot/flounder

Comment

Working...
                              X