SSP (am) 15th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSP (am) 15th.

Headed down with my brother for 05:30am as he wanted a few more maccy for the freezer so after yesterday's bait fishing trip which was almost a waste of time, I decided on taking the lure rod out. As expected the water was very murky but I had hoped with the big tides the fish migt still be about. Sabiki rig with a zenith plus rubber eels were used but nothing taken except on the zenith.... A small coalie, launce, mackerel and my first ever lobster!!! Couldn't believe the lobster had taken the spinner! All returned to fight another day... My brother blanked LOL! Only saw a couple of other fish landed. Hopfully once the rain water has washed through the fish might come back in for a few extra weeks on the lures before the heavy stuff gets dusted off... Enjoyable morning non the less.
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Unlucky mate, very unsummer like conditions lately. I'm off out today, no doubt as soon as I've got the van loaded up the heavens will open.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Haha, off down the pier after work like? The only benefit to these conditions is that it washes all the chavs and pi$$ off the pier
      Not had a blank since we went to holderness though so I'm hanging onto that fact to avoid getting too disappointed lol.

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Bit optimistic there given the recent weather but at least you didn't blank.

Good luck Mark, hopefully the showers will stay away and the sun will shine for you
        CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Some fish for you anyway Marc. Nice one.
          I managed two mackerel off Tynemouth Pier last night but sadly it was first cast syndrome and there were no more after that.

Comment

You managed a few out just a shame ya bother couldn't find a few fish.
            Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

I'm ever the optimist mate! Lol. Got to take the opportunity to get out when I can with a 6mth old baby at home.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
              X