Black Path S/S 14/08/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Path S/S 14/08/14

Rare night off last night so jumped at the thought of few hours fishing. 35 live crab in bait fridge but NONE ready to pop so grabbed a dozen or so frozen out the freezer with some frozen mussel and some bluey and headed out. Couldn't decide on S/S Pier or somewhere at Marsden but when a seen a nice looking sea I thought the black path was worth a shot. Got set up for around 7pm and first chuck snapped off, second chuck got snagged up and lost the lot so was thinking maybe I should've just stayed in with a few beers!! Got set up for 3rd time in half hour and seen a little rattle after only being in water 5 mins, struck into it and a brief struggle with me line being tangled round the end of the rocks this little fella gets landed weighing 2.8lb

Next 2 chucks had 2 tommys and carried on getting bites every chuck but couldn't connect with anything decent, did lose a what felt like a half decent one on the way in but landed nowt else till I packed in around midnight when I was just loosing too many leads, 12 in total! Weather was nice and was chatting to a couple of canny young lads doing a bit spinning. 2 tommys returned alive a the size one kept for the pan.
    Last edited by DaveH; 15-08-2014, 12:04 PM.
    “I think I fish, in part, because it’s an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution.”

Well done on wangling one out mate.
    Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

niceone !

A fair few decent sized cod coming out this summer

Comment

Working...
      X