Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeing as there aren't many reports coming in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing as there aren't many reports coming in.

Fished the brass ball on ssp Saturday. Got to the pier for about 9.45 and with the strong Westerly and the tide on the ebb I decided to hit the round end, got set up with some yellowtails that a lad gave me the day the day before (thanks for that) and some cracking slappy blacks from Moonfleet. With the wind behind me I was getting some great wind assisted casts and with the strong tide pull me gear was miles further out than normal.
    It was fish from the off with codling between the 30-35cm mark, they felt a lot bigger coming in with the strong tidal pull and the wind against. This was the story all of the time I was there, a codling every 15 mins or so, at least 20 in total, plenty sport but nothing any size.
    I was pretty much the only one catching fish but there were not many others fishing, loads of foreign types macky bashing with no success at all. One Chinese lass was practically in tears seeing me chuck all of the fish back but I explained that they were too small to keep. I did get one sized one at 36cm and gut hooked so she got one to take home.
    I had a go again this morning about 9.30 at the same spot and it was the same as yesterday with the same stamp of codling and three decent sized dabs. By about 12 the wind was getting ridiculous as I could barely cast with the strong gusts so I packed up and headed down the pier. What a trek that was against the wind, I was knackered when I got back to the car park!
    A canny couple of sessions with plenty fish, still got some blacks left so I will probably get out after work in the next couple of days, hoping for that bigger codling.

The set was really clear so I got a quick pic, hitting this was when I got the most bites.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140815_001[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	1532882
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Canny report, some boy braving these winds lol. How much for the slappy blacks mate ?
    Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

4 quid a pack. The packs have more than 10 in them, the first one had 14.

Comment

Cheers mate.
        Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Nice one on all the codling there, and for braving that wind! Was going to out myself yesterday but the forecast looked a bit dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLoada View Post
            Nice one on all the codling there, and for braving that wind! Was going to out myself yesterday but the forecast looked a bit dodgy.
            I just picked the right place for the conditions mate. End of the pier with the Westerly wind at your back and an ebbing tide, lighthouse for cover, no problem.

Comment

We'll done mark. Canny couple of days. Suppose to be out today myself but things have changed. Was gonna hit the kelp beds , I now have 20 crab in the fridge throwing the shells off.
              PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
              PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
              PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
              PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Nice report Mark, not sure why there are fewer reports just now? It's a shame, I love reading them.
                2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

well done on the fish mark. was any of the lads up there this morning, I only walked to the brigade hut and the wind was wild. so turned back. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                    Nice report Mark, not sure why there are fewer reports just now? It's a shame, I love reading them.
                    Me too! I have not been fishing or been on this forum for about four years due to an illness but I am back fishing again and hope to post some reports myself sometime. I always love reading reports and seeing photographs.

Comment

No regulars Bill, just a handfull of macky bashers and three other lads that I didn't know fishing the small wall. Now that was brave in that wind!

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                        I don't usually post my weekend pier sessions Mark unless I catch something decent or unusual but with the lack of reports I thought what the hell.

Comment

Bet it was a nightmare walking off with that strong west wind blowing in your face.

Nice busy session for you mark well done mate.
                          Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Good effort on the fishing, mark, and the report!
                            Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
                            Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
                            Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Two canny trips out mate... Get your skills sharpened for the autumn run
                              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                              X