Anyne fished Malta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyne fished Malta?

I'm off to Malta is a couple of weeks time and was hoping to do a spot of fishing rather than just lying around all day. Checking out the web for details and there seems to be a general lack of info about. So has anyone fished in Malta before?
    From what I've discovered its the usual Mullet from the rocks and habours using bread and shrimp as baits, but a bit of first hand experience/knowledge would come in handy.
    Thanks

Go on a charter boat? Be your best bet id think
    Century Eliminator T900
    Century Eliminator T800
    Century Tip Tornado Sport
    Shimano Technium MGS XS-B x 2
    Penn Spin Fisher 7500LC x 2

Comment

malta

its been a few years since I was there but I remember plenty of rock marks dotted around with easy access. I imagine you will get the usual bream bass mullet etc. I didn't take any gear last time but remember kicking myself for not taking any. hope you will put a catch report up on return. enjoy
      2012 species: dogfish cod coalie mackeral launce pollock
      2013 species : cod dab coalfish flounder pouting granny fish Pollock mackerel launce eelpout sea bream wrasse

Comment

Well ive bought a travel rod and intend to give it a go from the rocks. who knows I may even book a charter and see if I can get amongst the tuna, sailfish and doroda. Certain to put a catch report up.

Comment

malta answer

fished here a few times. When you go on the rocks you will see loads of 1-2" crabs catch them and use whole with shell on and you will catch DRUM and GRUNT fish. Drum are like sea bream to look at but have a set of teeth like you or me. The grunt grow to about 6lbs and snort when out of water. Put hook right through the body of crab and bottom fish them. A local fisherman about 30 years old showed me how to go on. The best place is the Grand Harbour in Valletta is a great fishing spot as its deep about 100ft. Its a great day out also if the wife is with you. Hope this is a help, have a good time matey. MALCOLM.
          LOVE TO FISH, HATE TO BLANK. STAY AT HOME AND HAVE A BREAKFAST .....

Comment

Working...
          X