Eyemouth 19/08/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyemouth 19/08/2014

Me and Stefan had a run up to Eyemouth yesterday to have a shot off the rock ends and use my bucket of crab up. The plan was to fish the cannons area but the huge sea put pay to that. So we decided to fish close to hairy ness. A bloke and his son was just leaving saying it was quiet. We found a nice perch on top of the rock to stay away from the swells and had the 1st cast which produced nothing for both of us. After a couple of fruitless hours we decided to have a move to the right of where the diver steps are. Unsure of the name of the mark we again set up camp and got quite comfortable and 1st cast produced takes for both of our rods. Stefan landing the 1st fish of the day , a lovely red cod weighing 4lb 4oz and I missed my bite bites were just about every cast for the next hour and we landed another 2 kelpys both size at around 1lb each. Mine went back fighting for but stefans second fish took the bait to its stomach and died so we kept that one aswell. After a couple more chucks things went quiet here too so we decided to have a look over the golf course. I invariably slipped and fell down a 10ft grass bank into the rocks below spilling my box of tackle around the rocks below. By the time we got to our chosen mark we decided it was a little dodgy and called it a night. Not before meeting 3 lads from Leeds hoping to go diving over the next few days. We gave them some fish and in return we got sausage sarnies off the BBQ. Thanks lads if you ever read this. This was the end of the trip. Weather was rain sometimes heavy quite windy when It rained. And a very big swell most marks were a complete wash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408524547.747979.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1532895

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408524563.948961.jpg
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1532896

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408524584.164164.jpg
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1532897

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408524594.580746.jpg
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	1532898
    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Lovely report and cracking fish
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

never mind about hairy ness, sounds like a hairy trip, if you know what I mean, well done nice fish

Comment

Good effort lads in less than perfect conditions.
        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Nice report Dave and nice fish, thankfully your box (and pride) is all that was broke in that fall mate.

Comment

Well done mate on the fish, plenty of nice fish up north in the last few weeks! I'll be back out at the weekend up north.
            Harrison p3 & shv20
            M427 su & Saltist 20

Comment

nice one stefan.pity about seas.nice report david.

Comment

Nice report and nice fish n al !

Comment

Well done mate especially with conditions. Was that yous parked up in the focus just before the coast guard station getting the fishing gear out

Comment

Good report mate but best bit of advice I got is stay clear of the place unless it's a sunny day, that area is not fisherman friendly at the best of time is the 4lb coddling worth your life? Not knocking you just saying the area is a hazard in the best of conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                      Well done mate especially with conditions. Was that yous parked up in the focus just before the coast guard station getting the fishing gear out
                      Yes mate that was us
                      PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                      PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                      PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
                        Good report mate but best bit of advice I got is stay clear of the place unless it's a sunny day, that area is not fisherman friendly at the best of time is the 4lb coddling worth your life? Not knocking you just saying the area is a hazard in the best of conditions.
                        Phil conditions weren't that bad. Just a big swell that's all
                        PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                        PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                        PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Lovely cod that
                          Please visit my blog at http://jimmysfishing.blogspot.com

Comment

Well done on the session, that cod looks huge for 4lb
                            Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
                            Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
                            Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Like I said mate not having a go just saying watch what your doing, you don't get many chances up there.

Comment

Working...
                              X