SSP 20th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSP 20th.

Headed down for 10:30 and met up with Andyco and his pal Sean. Fished on the 43.5 mark had two rods out, one with a big bait and the other with a two hook flapper for smaller stuff to keep me busy. Second cast managed a nice 39cm codling... About the 1.75-2lb mark. It managed to wriggle put of my hands and land head first on the floor killing itself.... quite weird. Taken on frozen blacks. Managed another 3 coalies, 3 dabs and a small plaice before heading home with my cod for tea. New filleting knife doing the biz. Andy and Sean managing coalies and dabs aswell. Saw another codling come I'm off the 44 mark about the size of mine but not a great deal else. Sea looked perfect aswell so surprised only to get the one codling out as recent reports had been promising. Some lads still banging away after mackerel despite the fact the water was as brown as chocolate and the swells were lapping over the pier lol. Think that's the end of the summer!
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Well done on the codling mate, decent size. Bit optimistic people macky bashing in those swells if they were anything like last night. Like I said, I had six last night from the end, been hitting there more often as the 40s haven't been too productive for me of late. I didn't bother heading out today, I had a hard day at work .
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Think I will be off the end again soon... It's just the fact that you don't lose any gear and I've been catching that I keep going back to the 40s. Honestly mate, one of the lads at the end maccy bashing was stood on the wall! One decent wave and he was gone...

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Canny haul mate, well done

Comment

Nice session mate with a cod supper I'm still giggling at Fishingmark saying he's had a hard day at work ha ha what a comedian
          KOMPRESSOR SPORT
          PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
          PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
          OKUMA TRIO 55
          YUKI RUBYMAR
          RON THOMPSON TYRON
          SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Some of those light bulbs are really heavy and quite warm too.
            People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

nice report mate.
              good look on sunday mick

Comment

well done fella's seems to be a few nice cod about.
                Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

I witnessed the codling commit suicide, marc was talking about putting it back, when it just jumped out of his hands and cracked its head on the ground!

The fishing picked up for me and Sean after you left (when we started using the runnidown you left - cheers) but it was just dabs and coley all afternoon. We packed up about 6.
                  Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
                  Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
                  Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Lol.... I'm all heart me glad you got a few more out mate. I'm assuming you kicked Sean's butt? Lol

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
                      Lol.... I'm all heart me glad you got a few more out mate. I'm assuming you kicked Sean's butt? Lol
                      I did indeed. Sean was happy he got through a session without nesting his reel, and only losing two sets of gear!
                      Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
                      Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
                      Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Working...
                      X