A few hours this evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few hours this evening

Headed up Shields pier today and got up there just before 5 armed with frozen bait, blacks and razor. I was hopeful of some fish after my decent run of form up there lately so I got set up at the brass ball with a few other lads fishing there already.
    First cast with a 2/0 pulley pennel and I was straight into a fish, a codling at 42cm. Great I thought, this is going to be good. Didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped but there were still fish to be had, I ended up with three more codling all undersized, two whiting and a dab.
    I packed up at 8 when there was a bit rain came down but it had stopped before I was half way back down the pier. One keeper for my tea tomorrow and hopefully some more tomorrow to make a family meal of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140822_001[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1532909
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Nice one Mark, beats the Dabs and Coalies off the 43 this afternoon. Was a few lads heading up the end as I packed in at half three, funniest thing was the Macky bashers who headed up, had half an hour then headed back again consistently through the afternoon...
    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

nice one mate, won't be long before the biggin

Comment

Another one! It makes a mockery of those winter trips we had where we blanked lol. You must be motoring with the amount of sized codling so far mate! Rich form indeed
        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Nice one Mark, I will be there tomorrow so might see you down

Comment

Nice codling mark, it must be that lucky new reel mate.

Comment

Working...
            X