Bank coalyday Monday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank coalyday Monday.

I missed a days fishing with going to the wedding of the year yesterday, great day by the way, so I headed up Shields pier for a delayed Sunday session. Started off on the end with a few of the regulars but the tide started to rip round which usually means lost gear for me so I went back down to the 45 mark.
    I fished the day with Joe Montgomery, fishing both sides, seaward and river side. Surprisingly there were no fish at all for us from the sea side, all of them came out of the harbour. Joe had a good day with plenty sized codling but strangely enough all I could get was coalies, 2 when Joe was there and another 3 after he left. They were getting progressively bigger but by 4 o'clock or so I'd had enough so I packed up. It still took me until 5 o'clock to get to the car park with stopping and yapping to lads on the way down.
    No photos I'm afraid but we all know what coalies look like eh.
    Only coalies today but much better than being at work.
    Cheers for the fish Joe.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Seem to be a few coalies about at the minute mate... At least you got out! I've spent the day at my brothers with my new baby neice. Hopefully out later in the week though after work
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Nice report mate , a think a saw you on saturday when a was walking off pier in me match ,did you get out then too?
      Can't Catch Yesterdays Fish

Comment

Originally posted by thommaz View Post
        Nice report mate , a think a saw you on saturday when a was walking off pier in me match ,did you get out then too?
        Just a couple of dabs on Saturday, disappointing day.

Comment

5 coalies is a lot better than blanking mate, and at least you got a few codling of joe.

Comment

Joe is a bit of a cod machine lol
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
              Just a couple of dabs on Saturday, disappointing day.
              They was a few sizeable codlings with big whities and lots of dabs too in the morning
              Can't Catch Yesterdays Fish

Comment

Originally posted by thommaz View Post
                They was a few sizeable codlings with big whities and lots of dabs too in the morning
                I must have got there too late lol.

Comment

At least that stiff SE breeze will have cleared any cobwebs from the previous days exertions, and a few coalies are always better than no coalies (or fish). And I'll bet Joe was gettng a canny distance with that wind behind him too
                  CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
                    At least that stiff SE breeze will have cleared any cobwebs from the previous days exertions, and a few coalies are always better than no coalies (or fish). And I'll bet Joe was gettng a canny distance with that wind behind him too
                    The extra distance was probably the key to it. I love wind assisted casts lol.

Comment

well done to you and joe mate, nowt for me down at the 39 mark apart from a poxy whiting

Comment

At least you had fish mate, canny sesh.
                        Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

I got nowt on the river tonight, apart from crabs, weed and bits of rubbish! I hate fishing the river!
                          Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
                          Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
                          Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Canny session mark no light bulbs to fit as for joe he thinks he is a big hitter only joking joe not bad for a old man lol and gets his fair share of coddies on his small ooks
                            Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Working...
                            X