Camel`s Island last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camel`s Island last night

Headed down to Marsden last night for a few hours fishing(first time for months) and fancied a fish or two with the conditions.Got onto Camel`s Island in plenty of time to set up and fish 3 down and 1 back with 2 rods out.Baits were frozen blacks,razor,mussel and crab.
    Rattling bites from the off but couldnt connect until finally dragging in a small flounder. About half an hour before low tide i had size codling and was preparing myself for a "mad hour" on the crab but that was it apart from another , even smaller,flounder .
    I was disappointed in a way that there werent a few more codlings about but happy to get at least one out and start my winter season V early

Good effort though. There was some decent cod around shields for a few weeks, but the past week they seem to have moved on, tynemouth pier has been catching, hopefully they'll come back over this side soon (hopefully tomorrow night, when I'm on the pier!).
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

times

Originally posted by DurhamAngler View Post
      Headed down to Marsden last night for a few hours fishing(first time for months) and fancied a fish or two with the conditions.Got onto Camel`s Island in plenty of time to set up and fish 3 down and 1 back with 2 rods out.Baits were frozen blacks,razor,mussel and crab.
      Rattling bites from the off but couldnt connect until finally dragging in a small flounder. About half an hour before low tide i had size codling and was preparing myself for a "mad hour" on the crab but that was it apart from another , even smaller,flounder .
      I was disappointed in a way that there werent a few more codlings about but happy to get at least one out and start my winter season V early
      big hardlines durham angler.as we nearly all know,our coast is possibly best fished say 1hour before l/w then all the way up to h/w. i know it depends on what spare time you have to fish.so really next time try if you can,instead of fishing 3 hours down,fish the times ive mentioned.thanks for good report.pity about all that good bait wasted,we all do it.ps,no offence intended.

Comment

Originally posted by andyco View Post
        Good effort though. There was some decent cod around shields for a few weeks, but the past week they seem to have moved on, tynemouth pier has been catching, hopefully they'll come back over this side soon (hopefully tomorrow night, when I'm on the pier!).
        Fingers crossed mate. I did notice the water was quite clear despite the bit of movement so it probably just needs a bit more swell to colour it up again .

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
          big hardlines durham angler.as we nearly all know,our coast is possibly best fished say 1hour before l/w then all the way up to h/w. i know it depends on what spare time you have to fish.so really next time try if you can,instead of fishing 3 hours down,fish the times ive mentioned.thanks for good report.pity about all that good bait wasted,we all do it.ps,no offence intended.
          Yeah i`d have preferred the tides times to be a bit better Reg but still wanted darkness for low water.Being up at 6:30am for work i couldnt stay any longer and packed up at 11:30pm( funny how we easily make excuses to stay longer when the fish are there eh haha ) .
          Yep good bait wasted but i did get out fishing again and every session is,or should be, a lesson learned :-)

Comment

Originally posted by DurhamAngler View Post
            its a session m8 out in the fresh air fish are a bonus as long as you enjoyed it spot on thanks for the report
            consett warlord retired

Comment

You managed a size codling mate am sure there will be plenty more landed for you.
              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Working...
              X