Tyne 28th and 29th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyne 28th and 29th

Fished hebburn and Jarrow over the last couple of mornings before work. Managed a lovely blank yesterday... My first in a few months! Had a bit more luck this morning with a hand sized flounder and a 35cm codling, all taken on frozen blacks. Both fish returned to fight another day! On another note, loads f rubbish in the river aswell... Trees etc but managed to dodge them lol
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

The river is rotten at the minute mate, surprised you went back for a second helping. Well done on getting a couple out.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
      The river is rotten at the minute mate, surprised you went back for a second helping. Well done on getting a couple out.
      Literally had two hours each morning mate so by the time I've driven to the coast it's half the fishing time lost so stayed close... 5min drive lol. Yesterday was BLEAK... Not even the crabs eating the baits lol. Was hoping the report off jimmy last week was right!

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I fished the river last night it was absolutely dire. 3 hours on the Walkway for two edible crabs then another three hours on the Spirit of Shields for 2 coalies and 2 flounders. It's very poor at the minute.

Comment

I had it on good authority just over a week ago that there had been a few nice fish taken from the river.... What a difference a week makes mike! Won't be out now for a few weeks so roll on some poor weather lol

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I fished further up river at British Airways on Thursday. Casting right out was a waste of time with all the leaves and grass in the water. Ended up using my Bass rod and spinning reel and lobbing baits out. Had at least a dozen Flounders and one eel. It was a fish a chuck. Used frozen blacks and bluey.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
              I fished further up river at British Airways on Thursday. Casting right out was a waste of time with all the leaves and grass in the water. Ended up using my Bass rod and spinning reel and lobbing baits out. Had at least a dozen Flounders and one eel. It was a fish a chuck. Used frozen blacks and bluey.
              Better luck than I had mate, well done

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Lad was chatting to me on pushbike. He rode down to Copthorne and saw bloke pull Cod in about 2 1/2 pound he was telling me. I was thinking should have gone there but BA is great for me living in Consett. Its about nearest comfortable spot.
                Mind its a laugh a minute watching the cyclists arguing with some of the stubborn anglers who will not move.
                Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

I'm a stubborn angler AND a keen cyclist mick... Not sure who's side I would be on! Lol

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                  X