New rod christened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rod christened

Went out for a chuck with the new rod to test it our (century tip tournado sport) got to Hartleypool at 2330h to hit low water, sea was flat as a pancake
    And not used to fishing in calm conditions but I was confident of a bite armed with fresh crab and gutted blacks I half pendulum cast flew out and felt very smooth compared to my super sport, it was a dream to cast.
    First cast and was getting knocks from the moment the bait hit the sea floor,
    Bite detection was just what I was after for the sort of fishing I do (mixed to rough) stayed till 0430h just because I loved casting the rod out and wanted to use all my bait up. Only had the one coddling but had plenty of small knocks but no more hook ups.

Saved a blank and good little test for the newly christened rod.

Till next time

Tight lines north east

Always good to christen a new rod mate
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

I used my ccme 14 foot 10 yesterday , bite detection was very very good , I was taking small 1/2 lb whiteys at distance , bring on the cod now its no longer a virgin . :-)

Comment

Congratulations on christening your new rod . Hope its the first of many to come .

Comment

Well done mate

Comment

Thanks all bring on the cod can't wait to feel it with a bit more weight on the end

Comment

Working...
            X