SSP 29 Aug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSP 29 Aug

Got on the pier at half tide up planning to fish the remaining part of the flood on the 45 mark or thereabouts. However cross wind was a real pain so risked the brass ball on the end. No problem really with snags despite the reputation of the end during the flood tide.

Loads of bites on worm baits, fresh blacks and rag, and a procession of Dabs and Flounders up to about 28cm came in, including a Dab/Flounder double shot on the 2 hooks of a pennel rig. First time that has happened to me and I must confess I thought it was a good fish.

Also managed 2 small Codling, one just size and one maybe 25cm. Both seemed to go back OK.

Not a bad short session but the wind was a real pain, even on the end as although it was off the shore it was really swirling around the lighthouse. Seemed to come from every direction at once at times.

canny little she there mate, yer a double bubble of 2 flatties on yer rig would feel a canny fish, hard lines like. there today and wind was a mare, just flounders for me at 44

Comment

Working...
    X