Hall 30/08/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hall 30/08/2014

Fished the Hall last night in the club match. Not the best of tides with HT at 7:15; the match was 6pm - 1am and the plan (as much as it was a plan) was to start on the Hall in the hope that the Whiting would appear once the sun went down giving a couple of hours sport before the water disappeared and then relocate to the pier for the last couple of hours.

Anyways, the best laid plans and all that. Not a sniff in daylight, and hardly a sniff when it got dark. In five hours fishinig I managed a 24cm Flounder and a solitary pin Whiting. Very surprising as in years gone by this is a mark that is normally thick with Whiting after dark at this time of year.

Stuck it out until 11pm by which time I was fishing into about 3 inches of water. Didn't have the will nor the energy to try the last couple of hours on the pier so sacked it off and went home to my pit.

Baits used Rag, Blacks, Squid and Bluey, two hook clipdown rigs at everything from 15 yards to 140 yards. The only positive is it was a lovely night down there, saw plenty of shooting stars and the night sky was beautiful with the lack of cloud cover.
    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Hard lines Stewart mate. At least you tried and didn't blank. You've got to get a decent bag to weigh in soon.
    All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
      Fished the Hall last night in the club match. Not the best of tides with HT at 7:15; the match was 6pm - 1am and the plan (as much as it was a plan) was to start on the Hall in the hope that the Whiting would appear once the sun went down giving a couple of hours sport before the water disappeared and then relocate to the pier for the last couple of hours.

Anyways, the best laid plans and all that. Not a sniff in daylight, and hardly a sniff when it got dark. In five hours fishinig I managed a 24cm Flounder and a solitary pin Whiting. Very surprising as in years gone by this is a mark that is normally thick with Whiting after dark at this time of year.

Stuck it out until 11pm by which time I was fishing into about 3 inches of water. Didn't have the will nor the energy to try the last couple of hours on the pier so sacked it off and went home to my pit.

Baits used Rag, Blacks, Squid and Bluey, two hook clipdown rigs at everything from 15 yards to 140 yards. The only positive is it was a lovely night down there, saw plenty of shooting stars and the night sky was beautiful with the lack of cloud cover.
      Had a walk along the southy at 7 and stayed till 8 Nowt saw a canny few tryin to pull the plug out though,Geordie get the furnace on.plenty lads getting bites but I think it was small stuff,as dark fell might have produced the odd fish for there efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by beachbuddy View Post
        Had a walk along the southy at 7 and stayed till 8 Nowt saw a canny few tryin to pull the plug out though,Geordie get the furnace on.plenty lads getting bites but I think it was small stuff,as dark fell might have produced the odd fish for there efforts.
        Geordie will be a millionaire like you beach by
        Xmas 😄😄😄

Comment

Unlucky mate I duffed it when saw the conditions any idea who won? I fancied the man holes, think there would of been doggies off the pier at night but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
            Unlucky mate I duffed it when saw the conditions any idea who won? I fancied the man holes, think there would of been doggies off the pier at night but you never know.

yes i heard you like the mans hole

Comment

Me and our lass fished the blast for 2 weavers and 1 good bite(missed) wich i thought was a doggy need's a stir up before it's going to get any better and the macky will be back in next week so stroll on the winter
              Weapons of choice
              ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
              Penn Mag 525 Slidey
              Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

I came down around 9:30 Stewart, after trying Hawthorn first. Fished end of ramp. Got nice Flounder around 11pm then had cracking Bite but never came back.
                Only one left on the beach till 1 am, kept looking behind after my ghost experience a few years back in the Hive lol.

Comment

Hope it wasn't the weaver it got few Comps back Geordie on the Blast...it was a man eater. My thumb ain't been the same since !!

Comment

Originally posted by blackrat View Post
                    I came down around 9:30 Stewart, after trying Hawthorn first. Fished end of ramp. Got nice Flounder around 11pm then had cracking Bite but never came back.
                    Only one left on the beach till 1 am, kept looking behind after my ghost experience a few years back in the Hive lol.
                    You slotted in next to me then, I was fishing just to your left until I'd had enough just after 11. At least on the Hall you are near your car and the road; it's the Blast that gets me, eerie as hell down there after dark especially if you are all on your lonesome
                    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Weaver

Originally posted by blackrat View Post
                      Hope it wasn't the weaver it got few Comps back Geordie on the Blast...it was a man eater. My thumb ain't been the same since !!
                      If it was Ian we won't catch it again mate it has a poorly head lol
                      Weapons of choice
                      ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
                      Penn Mag 525 Slidey
                      Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Working...
                      X