Eyemouth 31/8/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyemouth 31/8/14

I went on a trip to Eyemouth yesterday with Dave and Brian from S.A.R as a last minute decision on Saturday and what a trip it turned out to be. We set up with a bass rod each for bait fishing and lighter gear for the spinning and float fishing. Straight away we were into fish,, I had two wrasse in the first two casts, the second one pulling my rod and stand over!
    Dave was into kelpies and also had two good size wrasse with his jerking float method. I wandered away with my float rod only to see my bass rod fly off the stand and Dave managing to grab it before it went in the drink. I managed to get the fish in after it had dived into every hole on the way in, it turned out to be a wrasse around the four pound mark, a pb for me.
    Again I left the bait rod as I was catching loads of smaller coalies and pollack with the float and then the float disappeared down really slowly, I struck not expecting what happened next, the drag on the reel screamed as the fish took off. I managed to wrestle the fish to the surface after a couple more runs, a really good pollack emerged, Dave ran over with his net and after three attempts Dave landed it, even though it snapped his net. The lads guesstimated it at 10lb and it certainly felt that weight, no scales so it's not an official double but it's good enough for me lol.
    We moved location and Dave had loads of kelpies but kept chucking them back before a photo could be taken. I had loads more coalies and pollack and another good size wrasse, all with the float.
    What a day, four good size wrasse, 1 a pb, a pb pollack, a kelpie and countless coalies and pollack.
    A huge thanks to Dave and Brian for a great day and great company. Brian didn't have the best of days fish wise but he has vowed it will be his turn next time. Hope it is mate.

Now some pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	Markredcodling_zps8a6a81b7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1532940

Name:	JVwrasse_zps8cbdb27a.jpg
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1532941

Name:	Markwrasse_zps0858ff9b.jpg
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1532942

Name:	Mark10lbpollock_zps7a7f4d58.jpg
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	1532943
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Good days fishing that lads. well worth the drive up there!
    “I think I fish, in part, because it’s an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution.”

Comment

That's a stonking good wrasse and pollock mate! Cracking day out for ya... You'll probs not catch anything as big as that all winter yet but it wont stop us trying!
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

It certainely was a tremendous day out. Great venue, weather & company.
        I just seemed like a spectator for most of the time but it was well worth it just to see the terrific fish & that massive seal.
        Well done on not one but two PB's. That pollock will take some beating.
        Great day out Mark.
        I will only be out for a couple of hours pet.

Comment

Welldone mark on your 2 PBS what was the kelpies caught on and any size cheers mate always said you are the wrasse king lol
          KOMPRESSOR SPORT
          PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
          PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
          OKUMA TRIO 55
          YUKI RUBYMAR
          RON THOMPSON TYRON
          SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Great day Mark and great company...here's a few more pics for you.....

Tightlines!!!

Comment

The kelpies mainly went for crab but the bait of the day was slappy blacks. The big Pollack took the most washed out little piece of ragworm ever lol.
              People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Cracking that lads! Well done.

Looks a good 10lb to me that mate
                Please visit my blog at http://jimmysfishing.blogspot.com

Comment

That's the sort of day we all dream of mate. You must have been buzzing with both those fish.

The big wrasse is a lovely colour.
                  All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Some cracking fish and congratulations on the Pb's Mark.

Comment

Very good pollack you got they, pollack do always look bigger than they actual weight got a photo of 1 off couple month ago in my match 6lb9oz hope this helps to judge your fish
                      Attached Files
                      Can't Catch Yesterdays Fish

Comment

Good report.
                        Excellent fishing, and good size Pollack and wrasse.

Comment

Sounds like a cracking day well done on both pbs

Comment

A cracking days fishing there mark mate well done on the PBs aswell
                            PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                            PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                            PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                            PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

A great report lads and congratulations Mark .That session is going to take some beating .

Comment

Working...
                              X