Dogfish at Cullernose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogfish at Cullernose

Following a very unproductive few weeks on the beaches, I decided to give Cullernose a visit last night. Arrived at 5.00 and the sea had a bit of swell going. After 10 mins rod was going … started to reel in, it felt pretty heavy whatever it was … when it came to the surface it was a doggy! I caught one here last year, he was about 3 lbs, but felt heavier, probably because they do twist and turn on the way in. I chucked him back and thought that wasn’t a bad start, but the action didn’t continue – but just before I left I landed an undersize codling. Dogfish seem to becoming established on the east coast, they are very common in Scotland and can be a nuisance. All in all, a pleasant evening’s fishing.

cullnose piont

well mate evrey time i go there i seem to blank i wonder if it is better when there is a bit northely i dont know nise plase to fish never triad at nicht

Comment

Shame there wasn't more fish for you but better than a blank. I landed a dogfish for the black hole at crafter a few weeks back. Had a few cod aswell mind. But you do here of more doggys around our coast.
      PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
      PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
      PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
      PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

theirs loads up there at the minute m8 I had 3 on sat night

Comment

Cullernose

Originally posted by david.northeast View Post
          Shame there wasn't more fish for you but better than a blank. I landed a dogfish for the black hole at crafter a few weeks back. Had a few cod aswell mind. But you do here of more doggys around our coast.
          I was on a boat yesterday drifting for 7 hours 10 men most blanked skipper tried hard forever shifting,in that area

Comment

Working...
          X