Rock mark 7am-1pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock mark 7am-1pm

Fished me favourite little rock mark from low water to high. Had it in my head that I wasn't gonna catch anything due to conditions but didn't really care as it was the being out fishing I was looking forward to most. 3 hours and not a touch, baits coming back untouched then about half tide chucked a fresh black bait with frozen mussel tip out using a drop down pulley pennel rig and sat back to have a cuppa. Few mins later bang a cracking bit so picked up me rod and held waiting for another then it came so struck in and felt the weight and started reeling. Got it about half way in and stupidly lowered me rod top and the fish found a hiding place in a rock and snagged me. Have it some slack and I moved up the rock and struck again and cleared it fish still on got it right to the side and wound down to lower the rod to lift it up and as i did the hook came out. Was only about 2lb but was gutted and if anyone was near by I was like a kid who didn't get what he wanted for Xmas. 10 mins later done the same thing with a lobster so after 6 hours of fishing. I blanked

Hard luck once, but twice.

Comment

rock mark

hard luck mate i would have been gutted better luck next time

Comment

Bad luck their mind but I bet you can't wait to do it again

Comment

Not your day mate, next time could be the big one though.
          People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Bad luck but at least you got a bit of sport ...
            Gear: Old Skool !
            ABU 484 MK I (cork) (1976)
            ABU 484 MK II (Foam grips, spigot) (1977)
            ABU 484C original guides version (1978)
            ABU 484CS Fuji guides version (1980)
            ABU 9000C (1976) upgraded bearings
            ABU 9000 The red one (1974) upgraded bearings
            ABU 7000 (1976) converted to 7000C hybrid ceramic

Comment

Unlucky mate at least u had some action I fished yesterday for 5 hours and not even a knock, all baits coming back cleared too.

Comment

It was well worth sitting on a rock with not a care in the work and hopefully my run of blanks will end soon like

Comment

Working...
                X