Alcan beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcan beach

Decided on a trip up to Alcan in the hope there might be a few knocking about on the beaches, just got back home after a wet and breezy 5 hours resulted in 2 coddling one sized one just under, looks like there still in the cabbage , roll on November.

Still a bit early for the coddies yet mate. You don't find out whether they are there or not without getting out there, well done for getting out and giving it a go.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

It's worth a try mate. And at least you didn't blank.its Always nice to be fishing.
      All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Need conditions..
        The 'five plums!' Northumberland sea league champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
          Decided on a trip up to Alcan in the hope there might be a few knocking about on the beaches, just got back home after a wet and breezy 5 hours resulted in 2 coddling one sized one just under, looks like there still in the cabbage , roll on November.
          Its better than a blank Phil don't panic just yet the cod will not be long in showing and its a pleasure to fish up alcan any time of the year
          Weapons of choice
          ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
          Penn Mag 525 Slidey
          Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Yea I love the beach mate it's a great mark, always has loads of colour in the water.

Comment

Aye its reminds me of the blast beach in its former glory had some cracking sessions at the right hand side of the outlet pipe 200 yards or so along the beach /Also had a couple of doubles out in the same spot
              Weapons of choice
              ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
              Penn Mag 525 Slidey
              Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Yea that's the bit we fished 3 bites to small coddling, better than a blank but didn't expect much to be honest fish all came to blacks not a sniff on crab. So that's a good sign.

Comment

Further north

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
                  10 of us on a boat all sorts os bait uses drifted 7 hours skipper was every where only a handful of cod couple very small ling odd wrasse very poor What chance has a man with a rod on a beach.we were from seahouses to culernose point

Comment

Better than a blank Phil and a nice trip out to a beach I like fishing as well. The fish will be there if we get a bit sea running, though looking at the forecast we're not going to get that for the next couple of weeks at least
                    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Yea I know I prefer it in November but to be honest it's just a mark I enjoy fishing,

Comment

hard lines big lad at least you gave it a try
                        Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Cheers Stan

Comment

Believe me it's nowt to do with it only being September what we need is a sea on then it's cod city all over that area and it was back end of August when the sea picked up
                            Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Had a few at lynmouth couple of weeks ago like, in winter gentle roll Alcan throws big fish out.

Comment

Working...
                              X