Collywell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collywell

Picked up some lug from Mcdermotts that I have to say was top quality and headed to hall skeer in hope more than expectation particularly given I had no crab. Anyhow, first few chucks lost the lot each time but as the tide bottomed out and it went dark I managed to get into a clean patch about 40 yards off the point. Ended up with 5, couple of puddlers and the rest between 2-3lb. Biggest was 3lb 2 Oz. all on straight lug. Kept the two biggest the rest went back. Few lads on Rocky Island- anyone off here and any joy? Cheers Dave.

Nice one well done.... no nets then just pots.All well that ends well.

Comment

Is collywell seaton sluice or have I missed the mark totally?
      Last edited by Juliogeordio; 06-09-2014, 11:08 PM.
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor1 View Post
        Nice one well done.... no nets then just pots.All well that ends well.
        Aye mate must be pots. There's bloody loads from the south end of whitley beach right up to the sumps which is what made me think they were nets.

Comment

Originally posted by hughgee View Post
          Aye mate must be pots. There's bloody loads from the south end of whitley beach right up to the sumps which is what made me think they were nets.
          Well done on getting a couple out - yes, every year around this time it gets potted to f*** from Tynemouth to Sluice as the lobsters move in. It makes a lot of the better, early season marks a nightmare to fish unless the sea comes away when they can't get out to pot. Nets are usually more of a problem Xmas/New Year time onwards if the sea's flat & they're no longer potting.

Gary
          ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
          on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Good catch lug has been taking more than its fair share of fish over this last week or so.

Comment

Working...
            X