Crabsticks Eyemouth comp again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabsticks Eyemouth comp again

4 of us headed up to Eyemouth again for £1 comp heaviest fish me. Madrob. Happydays Taff and his mate Richie the joker
    Whithin 10 mins of arriving a couple of locals pulled in a nice Kelpy cod on crab then Fishingmark turned up
    The water was a bit rough and it took a while befor we saw our 1st fish with me getting the 1st 3 off the belt 2 coalies and a lovely little pollack

To be honest they might have weighed 1/2 lb all together lol
    Then Taff got a coalie to take the leed it was a bit slow then the locals pulled in a ling of a couple of pounds in the bait rods
    Richie n madrob where pulling in small coalies and pollacks
    Then the local lads pulled in a canny wrasse on bait again
    Then taffs float shot under after a canny little fight and me with a landing net out came a nice 2lb 2oz pollack which ended up being the winning fish

We moved off our mark as the tide was coming in and moved to the flat rocks where we changed over to bait rods using blacks and my fresh muscle which was instantly getting big bites on missed a few then both mine and mad robs rods banging away yes a nice wrasse for me which Fishingmark hand balled up then a school boy error by him whilst trying to get the hook out next to the edge it lept to freedom lol straight back into the drink about 1lb n1/2 cheers my ex mate now lol
    With madrob bring in the only wrasse for our lot welldone mate

Not best of fishing sessions with us all getting fish .....sorry except Fishingmark who blankety blanked but did get to catch and release my king wrasse lol
    Great crack and banter as always and nice to meet Richie the joker lol
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

The wrasse leapt for freedom when it spotted you mate, It thought it was going in the pot!
    Seriously, I should have got the fish on to the rocks properly before unhooking it but you've only lost a photo, we all witnessed the catch and it would have went back anyway.
    Not the best day's fishing but a few fish caught even though conditions were less than favourable.
    Hope it's not the last trip up there this year, would have liked to go out on a high but I can't complain, I've had some great sessions up there lately.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Maybe not the stamp of the previous trip but still a few fish out for you all the same. A canny session lads. Hard lines Mark it's a long way to go to blank mate. The season is not over yet though still plenty of time to get the big one. I might have to have another dodge up there myself.

Comment

Lovely place to fish don't think that giant seal helped to only 10 yards away
        KOMPRESSOR SPORT
        PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
        PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
        OKUMA TRIO 55
        YUKI RUBYMAR
        RON THOMPSON TYRON

Comment

I had a cracking day, as well as a bit off serious fishing , i had a laugh. It was a bummer that the sea kicked up with that south/easterly but that's fishing . Roll on 2 weeks time and we will be revved up and ready to go again .Happydays .

Comment

Well done lads, glad you winkled a few out!
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderpants View Post
              Maybe not the stamp of the previous trip but still a few fish out for you all the same. A canny session lads. Hard lines Mark it's a long way to go to blank mate. The season is not over yet though still plenty of time to get the big one. I might have to have another dodge up there myself.
              Still worth going up Mike, I love the place and it owes me nothing. No fish but a good day out all the same.
              People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

well done lads, looks like you all had a great day, shame about ya king wrasse toonboy I am sure you will not let mark forget it. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by barnacle bill View Post
                  well done lads, looks like you all had a great day, shame about ya king wrasse toonboy I am sure you will not let mark forget it. lol.

Fishingmarks just join the wrasse police lol
                  KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                  PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                  PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                  OKUMA TRIO 55
                  YUKI RUBYMAR
                  RON THOMPSON TYRON

Comment

mick where do you park and where is good spots looking to sunday

Comment

nice sesh crabsticks crew, love it up there. can't believe yer didn't do the busy with the wrasse like mark, must be slippin

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicCat View Post

Next to caravan park then walk over the cliff top there's a dangerous path but it's a lot quicker than walking around the beach way
                        KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                        PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                        PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                        OKUMA TRIO 55
                        YUKI RUBYMAR
                        RON THOMPSON TYRON

Comment

Great report looks like you had a great time even if the fish weren't betting well done on your catch

Comment

parking.

Originally posted by CosmicCat View Post
                            you can also park at eyemouth swimming baths,which is just over the road {garage junction},when you enter eyemouth.then scramble overrocks,around the corner,YOUR THERE.PS,its best to scramble near the bottom of the cliffs as you approach the bend,corner,whatever.theres bound to be others there,so just find a space.goodluck.

Comment

Originally posted by toonboymc View Post
                              4 of us headed up to Eyemouth again for £1 comp heaviest fish me. Madrob. Happydays Taff and his mate Richie the joker
                              Whithin 10 mins of arriving a couple of locals pulled in a nice Kelpy cod on crab then Fishingmark turned up
                              The water was a bit rough and it took a while befor we saw our 1st fish with me getting the 1st 3 off the belt 2 coalies and a lovely little pollack

To be honest they might have weighed 1/2 lb all together lol
                              Then Taff got a coalie to take the leed it was a bit slow then the locals pulled in a ling of a couple of pounds in the bait rods
                              Richie n madrob where pulling in small coalies and pollacks
                              Then the local lads pulled in a canny wrasse on bait again
                              Then taffs float shot under after a canny little fight and me with a landing net out came a nice 2lb 2oz pollack which ended up being the winning fish

We moved off our mark as the tide was coming in and moved to the flat rocks where we changed over to bait rods using blacks and my fresh muscle which was instantly getting big bites on missed a few then both mine and mad robs rods banging away yes a nice wrasse for me which Fishingmark hand balled up then a school boy error by him whilst trying to get the hook out next to the edge it lept to freedom lol straight back into the drink about 1lb n1/2 cheers my ex mate now lol
                              With madrob bring in the only wrasse for our lot welldone mate

Not best of fishing sessions with us all getting fish .....sorry except Fishingmark who blankety blanked but did get to catch and release my king wrasse lol
                              Great crack and banter as always and nice to meet Richie the joker lol
                              Another canny session lads ,but have a look at ours at the cannons today oops apologies for being cheeky lads but have a look anyway,cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X