Arbraoth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbraoth

Had probably my last trip up scotland that I will be allowed as I'm going to be a dad come August. Me and my mate travelled up on Sunday and kept in touch with Mitch and another who were up. Conditions weren't the best when we arrived as the sea was too big for a lot of marks to fish high water and the wind was gusting heavy then the rain came down around 1am so returned to the car around 2am to hope for better conditions when we awoke later. Rain didn't stop til around 8am and the wind had dropped and the sea looked perfect, we fished a beach mark in bright sunlight but a deep water mark with kelp beds. Over the space of the next 5 hours there was plenty of good fish with one good double for Mitch and I had eight fish weighing 6lb, 4lb, 3 3/4lb, 3 1/2lb,3lb, 2 1/2lb and a couple around 1lb I returned. There was prob around another 30 fish between 2-6lb and plenty small fish. It was like a summers day by 12 and some cracking fishing, and some amazing fishing for Mitch who I'm sure will post his soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by treetop; 17-02-2015, 06:01 PM.

Biggest
    Attached Files
    Last edited by treetop; 17-02-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

lovely size fish them lads gr8 stuff
      KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

Did a lot better than me and my mate. We had three days up there about week or so back. Sea flat so was tough from day 1.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Looks like you used bluey for bait. I fished Blyth beach Infront of the bandstand last night and used bluey only bait that caught owt. Fished 2 down 1 up and got 3 codlin 2@2lb 1@3lb. A lot of people must be catching with it at the moment. Looks like you had a busy time up Scotland well done.

Comment

great report and well worth the journey
            Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Worth the trip up - well done
              Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
              CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Few nice fish there mate well done.
                Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

The bluey bait Kevin is actually the lad who was fishing further down from me who's hook snood snapped bringing in the fish then I hooked it within 20 mins later lol, just shows how hungry they were

Comment

Cheers lads, mick it's not worth going in the flat as the fish only move inshore when sea comes away, always hard with shift work hitting it right, nice southerly or an easterly but if it's too big it's a nightmare for most spots

Comment

Working...
                    X