Ssp 18/04/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssp 18/04/15

Fished the full tide up on SSP today, fairly calm conditions, but a bit of an easterly.

Got a double shot of Dabs on the first cast, so looked promising, but it ended up being quite a slow day, ended up with 5 or 6 Dabs and 1 Flounder on the big rod.

Was also fishing the light rod down the side and got a nice kelpie Codling, Coley and a Blenny.

Quite a few fishing the forties but only a few Dabs and Coleys getting caught (no Plaice yet!).

Last edited by andyco; 18-04-2015, 06:11 PM.
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Looked decent conditions for it today mate and you got some fish out, well done. I might try to get out for a couple of hours tomorrow.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
      Looked decent conditions for it today mate and you got some fish out, well done. I might try to get out for a couple of hours tomorrow.
      Cheers Mark, I did think a Plaice might show, plenty of time yet though. There was a slight swell and an easterly, might of put them off (watch us get winter conditions all summer again!)

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

if the blenny is the bottom fish it is actually a tadpole fish
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
          if the blenny is the bottom fish it is actually a tadpole fish
          It does look like a tadpole fish, and another lad on the pier came over to have a look when I caught it because he thought it was a tadpole, but was definitely a Shanny, just a really black one!

Comment

Doesn't look like a tadpole to me... Dark coloured blenny I think
            "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
            PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Defo a blenny
              Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Looks a nice day for it. If I had to guess I'd say these easterlies have put a bit of colour in the water, which won't be helped by the winds turning NE tomorrow.

Always the same, you start looking forward to the spring / summer species and we get the winds we were all hoping for in October instead
                CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

had a go myself shot 44 on pier this morn first light on ebb, plenty of action but small stuff except for two that got away .dabs flounders yting probaly of been better wth lighter wind but as usual sunday is not a good weather day last three or four weeks have been the same,
                  two lads fished from midnight sat night and came off about 6.30 saying they had one codling about two and a half pounds.
                  did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

it was me fishing near to you who came to look at the fish. we had quite a few codling, coalies, dabs and flounders with loads of double shots. I won our comp with flounders of 28, 28 and 30cm.

Comment

Originally posted by dabcatcher View Post
                      it was me fishing near to you who came to look at the fish. we had quite a few codling, coalies, dabs and flounders with loads of double shots. I won our comp with flounders of 28, 28 and 30cm.
                      Ah right, one of the Hartlepool Pirates! Well done winning your comp!

Comment

Working...
                      X