Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East yorks bass

First report for a while,only had sml stuff of late
    Fished a local mark at withernsea in east yorks,where I had this lovely bass from,fished fresh crab on a pulley dropper,fished 2hrs into the ebb,fished into the tide at around 100 yrds..

At 4lb 2oz it's my biggest of the yr so far,it was only lightly/easily hooked,so it went back to fight another day n hopefully grow a little bigger.....
    Caught using braid n my 15ft vercelli(wot a scrap on the braid lol)
    Thanks for viewing folks
    Last edited by hound hunter; 26-04-2015, 05:21 PM.

Nice fish mate, been a few fish recently your neck of the woods

Comment

Lovely fish HH. Well done on releasing it aswell
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

nice bass m8 well done

Comment

Well done hound hunter it's a nice fish hopefully I will catch it when its a bit bigger never had one over 3-1/2lb on our beaches.
          Weapons of choice
          ZZiplex Bullit Sport (brown unground model)
          Penn Mag 525 Slidey
          Abu 7500 c3 ct Blue

P-B Cod 14lb 12oz North pier Seaham

Comment

Great fish mate, hoping to get down there myself sometime soon.
            People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

^ same! Lovely fish, well done.
              Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
              Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
              Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Lovely silver bar there, well done HH
                CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Cheer's fellah's,don't get that sort of response on me local forum lol.
                  The odd pup's begining to show with one or two better hound's,but in general it's been fishing very well of late although some what patchy,with large numbers of fish been caught,bass/cod/ray/hounds/yting/sole/dogs,proper mxd bags,then the nxt tide nothing or very little......Just wish the sea would stay settled,last week was very rough on them big tides n they seemed to dissapear,but as soon as it calms dwn they start to come back in an on the munch,only problem is as soon as they come back the bloody wind blows again,scattering them off shore !!...Here's praying for some good weather...
                  Tnx again..

Comment

Well done

Comment

cracking result si great aswell keep up the good work
                      Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Beautiful fish that - well done marra

Comment

lovely fish,well done mate.

Comment

cracking silver bar m8 well done heading down myself end july weeks hols in filey possible take some light gear try the brigg
                            been going to filey the past 5 years like the place , went on the brigg last year to take some pics had some crack with the local lads
                            Last edited by dale19; 27-04-2015, 05:05 PM.
                            consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
                              cracking silver bar m8 well done heading down myself end july weeks hols in filey possible take some light gear try the brigg
                              been going to filey the past 5 years like the place , went on the brigg last year to take some pics had some crack with the local lads
                              I'm south of filey buddy,dwn past bridlington but if you can have a day out further south,dwn on the holderness beaches at that time of year the hound fishing and the big ray's should provide xcelent sport..
                              Good luck for your trip in the summer months....

And thanks again for the comments lads,when I say more replies than my local forum I'm not joking.....Great set of lads n lassess on hear,there really is...

Comment

Working...
                              X