Skegness 18/06/2015.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skegness 18/06/2015.

Travelled down to Skegness with a couple of mates yesterday and met up with Gary Pye and Ian Peacock. It was my first ever time fishing for Smoothounds and I was full of anticipation.
    First task of the day was to set up my Ron Thompson beach shelter (bought second hand for a tenner) first time I have used a one and can understand why they are so popular. Everything spaced out and shaded from the sun and wind.
    Baited up with defrosted frozen crab and saved my fresh for later. Used 15.6 ft Salt Surfcaster and Penn 8000 with braid. Pulley rig with 3-0 Sakumas.
    Tough going at first but I could see Gary pulling in fish further along the beach.
    Stuck with it and was rewarded with 4 Smoothounds. This was my first ever and was over the moon.

I had a bigger one later of 6.5 lbs but my fave was my first.
    Covered lots of miles lately but now retired and can afford to. Been rewarded with some lovely first time fish.
    On reflection it would have paid to have stayed overnight at Skeggy and fished late into the evening up to high tide then fished high tide again the following morning like Gary and Ian P did but my two mates Steve Ellioit and Chut needed to get back for commitments.
    Tight lines Mick.
    Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Nice report mick and well done on the smooth hounds

Comment

Well done mate, still waiting for my first hound, but will enjoy it when it does happen I am sure.

Comment

Nice one Mick. Gary rang me last night asking if I was going down and was telling me there was plenty fish about. I'm heading down there tonight hope the fish are playing.
        Century Eliminator T900
        Century Eliminator T800
        Century Tip Tornado Sport
        Shimano Technium MGS XS-B x 2
        Penn Spin Fisher 7500LC x 2

Comment

good result mick you sure do get around
          consett warlord retired

Comment

Well done on your first smuts mate.
            People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Well done mick! Lovely stuff and deserved for the miles you have put in recently.
              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Nice sesh mick well done on the smut's
                They go on the braid m8 don't they,don't half pull back,just be carefull with the sakuma's bud,they can snap as the hound charges up n dwn the shoreline,especially on the braid,it shore does put some pressure on that hook
                Nice pic too that fellah

Comment

Well done, well worth the travel!
                  Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
                  Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
                  Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Cheers Lads. Chut caught a nice one as well was about 7.5lb (not quite sure) but defo biggest of the day for our three.

Comment

nice sesh mate, shelter sounds a canny buy too

Comment

Nice pic's m8,the sea looks a lovely colour in that bottom pic,allway's a big advantage during daylight....Hope you get into some big doubles nxt time...

Comment

We left at the best time 3hrs before high water but to be honest we were all knackered. Me and Chut fancying return in three weeks time but booking hotel for overnight stay. Weed caused bit of a problem especially for users of mono. Braid seemed to cut through it better.

Comment

Nice one fellas. This retirement lark looks canny.
                            A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                              We left at the best time 3hrs before high water but to be honest we were all knackered. Me and Chut fancying return in three weeks time but booking hotel for overnight stay. Weed caused bit of a problem especially for users of mono. Braid seemed to cut through it better.
                              Is ian braving another room share with you mick?? Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X