Rocky Island 21 June 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Island 21 June 15

I've been fishing this area for the past few weeks trying to get away from the piers I usually fish. I got a beaten up Conoflex Nemesis premier from the locker to get into rock fishing and up until today have only had rockling on it. Anyone else have this rod? What do you think?

Fished 2 hours either side of low water. On my second cast I decided to have a look about and lift a few rocks. Came back with a couple of big softies and could see my rod tapping along nicely. I struck when the tip went properly and caught my first kelpie codling at about 2lb. I had a huge bite next cast but lost the fish - always the story eh?

Fishing dropped off completely after that and the wind was making casting difficult.

However, mission accomplished - first kelpie

Well done congratulations on your 1st kelpi hope catch more
    Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Well done getting one out James.
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Looks a right skinny bugger, if it's body was in proportion to its heed it would have gone a bit better than 2lb I reckon.

Well done for getting your first one out though, even with the wind sounds a better fathers day than mine being dragged round Dalton Park looking for prom suits for an ungrateful 16 year old...
        CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

BIG WELLDONE JAMES.your learning all the time.just a case of putting the hours in.as they say,bet your WELL hooked now.ps,try @ get yourself some live peeler crab for your next session.

Comment

congrats on yer first kelper mate

Comment

i stewart the lad deserves credit.as rest of members have said,again,good result james.bet hes still buzzing now.

Comment

well done on your first kelpie m8 shame about the one that got away but never mind plenty more chances will come if you stick at it sound advice of reg peeler can be killer bait this time of year

Comment

Cheers guys. Forgot to mention that I used frozen peeler. Tried to get my hands on some fresh but ollies order was full

Comment

Originally posted by james89 View Post
                    Cheers guys. Forgot to mention that I used frozen peeler. Tried to get my hands on some fresh but ollies order was full
                    Moonfleet had about a million crab in stock last week mate lol
                    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

champion

big well done james lad..

Comment

Well done on the kelpy mate.
                        People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Canny little catch, well done
                          I was going to head down there that day as i fish it quite a lot, but decided against it!

Comment

Working...
                          X