Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning to fish Silloth tomorrow

Hi Lads,
    A bot of advice needed, planning to fish Silloth tomorrow, where would you recommend to fish, have never fished it before, just fancied a chance, would be heading from Gateshead, (after picking up some bait from Moonfleet, if any one has any advice please chip it it would be gratefully received. Ideally if anyone has a postcode for an area that would be good to fish I could pop that in the sat nave

cheers in advance for any help
    Currently using: Grey's Apollo Mk1 with Ambassedeur 7000B, Greys Bass rod with 6500, Greys lure rod with low profile blue max.

Mick's 2019 Species List: codling, dab, flounder, Pollock, bass, whiting, eel.

Fished the prom over high about a week ago had a thornback around the 6-8lb mark on squid other than that there was only 4 or 5 small dabs caught, one of the locals had fished skinburness earlier that week and only had 3 flatties
    Here's a canny site for tide times across the country hope it helps
    Silloth Tide Times - free 7 day tide predictions for Silloth with historic high and low tides, sunrise, sunset and phases of the moon

Comment

If you do fish the prom mate there was a nasty snag when I fished there last week. It was in front of the last seat on the prom and was catching my gear on the retrieve and snapping my line. People fishing either side were ok. Cast as far as you can with long traces, droppers or up and overs with fish baits on the incoming tide. Good luck.
      People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Originally posted by bandit View Post
        Fished the prom over high about a week ago had a thornback around the 6-8lb mark on squid other than that there was only 4 or 5 small dabs caught, one of the locals had fished skinburness earlier that week and only had 3 flatties
        Here's a canny site for tide times across the country hope it helps
        https://www.tidetimes.org.uk/silloth-tide-times
        many thanks this is very helpful thanks for the reply
        Currently using: Grey's Apollo Mk1 with Ambassedeur 7000B, Greys Bass rod with 6500, Greys lure rod with low profile blue max.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingmark View Post
          If you do fish the prom mate there was a nasty snag when I fished there last week. It was in front of the last seat on the prom and was catching my gear on the retrieve and snapping my line. People fishing either side were ok. Cast as far as you can with long traces, droppers or up and overs with fish baits on the incoming tide. Good luck.
          thanks for the heads up, always handy to avoid a snagg, your help is very much appreciated

Comment

On the prom you can fish from about 3 hours before high tide then over slack water, but about an hour after high tide the water starts to really fly out, and I found you start getting pulled into snags. My advice would be to fish 3 hours up then keep fishing after high tide but after the first snag just pack up, cos there'll only be more after that.
            Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
            Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
            Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Just realised you started this thread yesterday, so you've probably already been now
              Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
              Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
              Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Any low water shots over there? The tides for this weekend are high morning and night but ideally we want to be out all day.
                Cheers.
                Michael.

Comment

Tommys legs is a good shot to follow the tide out........ But be careful as the sandy sleck can be knee deep lol. If your on silloth prom look to your left And you will see a tower...... That's where you need to be 😉

Comment

Working...
                  X