From Cod bashing to Mackerel bashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Cod bashing to Mackerel bashing

Back from our boat fishing holiday in the North East and catching very few Mackerel for the smoker, we were champing at the bit for a local session.
    I had read on a Scottish forum that the Mackerel finally turned up in the upper Clyde last week, what I didn't read until we came back was that 2 trawlers had been up Loch Long on Wednesday!! It really rips my knitting that trawlers can trawl for Mackerel with impunity, so close to shore. They have emptied the Clyde of white fish and now they are doing the same with Mackerel, it is just plain wrong!

Anyway off we went on Sunday morning.

Cloch Lighthouse.

A few views.

Coulport - where they arm the Nuclear Subs.

We arrived at the pier to find it deserted, that should have been our first clue!

The fishing was terrible, I only caught three and Lynn two in fours hours, so it was more a picnic and photo shoot, rather than a fishing session.

The refurbished pier had, for once, the Bothy open and we had a look at the history of the pier.

Bizarrely there were two old fashioned class desks inside, so Lynn went back to school!

However she played truant and swanned off to "window shop" at the closed charity shop, incredibly the lady arrived to do the rotas for the following week and opened up especially for Lynn, much to my chagrin!

More crap!

So hardly any fish, but a good day out just the same. Now we have two weeks of Musical Theatre Summer Schools, before we can get out Mackerel hunting again. Off to Tighnabruaich, Loch Fyne, the moment the theatre schools finish, I hope the trawlers haven't been up there too!

Last edited by kayos; 21-07-2015, 07:43 AM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

I see you are getting the hang of the new camera, but why the different sizes?

Comment

tough about the fishing mark,nice pictures,and the charity shop fund topped up a little
      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
      X