Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rays and Doggies oh and the Falling dog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rays and Doggies oh and the Falling dog!

Well, me Stan Parkin and his son James decided to head to Flat Rock, Balcary today to target a ray! A great day and mission accomplished! Have to admit to Mr P edging me out yet again by getting biggest ray at 8lb 7oz. Have to say I didn't realise how good of an account they would give - pleasant surprise and all returned safely. Also lots of dogfish and mackerel and Stan managed a gurnard too.

Bit of drama on the day when a dog fell off the cliff top and was eventually rescued by 3 RNLI boats and police. Thought a dog lead might have saved a lot of resource!!

Also had one hell of a cardio workout getting to and from the mark!

Hopefully will have some GoPro footage to add once I sort it and will hopefully include some under water shots!!?
    Regards

Mark Tserkezie

Mint day mate good cardio work out lol
    Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

sounds a cracking day lads well done
      Last edited by Guest; 26-07-2015, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a great day well done

Comment

Here is the short GoPro vid of the session at Balcary. Still a steep learning curve with the technology! Hope you enjoy it!
          We decided to head to Flat Rock, Balacary try and tick off another species, a Thornback Ray. We accomplished our mission and had a great day. Several rays ...
          Regards

Mark Tserkezie

Comment

Canny video and some lovely rays

Just a tip for your Go pro, your slow motion scenes are quite jumpy, try selecting the 60 FPS option if it isn't already. I'd imagine you might be using 30fps based on the footage but tell me to shut up if i'm wrong haha

Comment

Thanks for the tip Phil. Do you just leave it on that setting??
              Regards

Mark Tserkezie

Comment

You're welcome bud

Sent you a pm mate but will repost here for anyone else

1080p is highest setting on a go pro, that only gives you 30fps (some of the newer ones do 1080p @ 60fps but not sure which models), for normal scenes this is fine to use but any slow motion scenes or action scenes (a lot of movement) you want to use the 720p 60fps settings. It allows the camera to capture 60 frames per second as apposed to 30, really helpful for the scenes i mention above,

Hope this helps

Phil

Comment

nice day

Comment

Originally posted by SnowbeeMark View Post
                    Here is the short GoPro vid of the session at Balcary. Still a steep learning curve with the technology! Hope you enjoy it!
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBytuanxaE
                    cracking video very good enjoyed the song nice fishing boys
                    consett warlord retired

Comment

Working...
                    X