Blyth pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blyth pier

Hi. Fished the pier 4 am till 8 30 am. Duzens of herring being court some 30cm Saw one mackerel court

Originally posted by bd500 View Post
    Hi. Fished the pier 4 am till 8 30 am. Duzens of herring being court some 30cm Saw one mackerel court
    Sea has been away most of the week. No surprise the Mackerel have buggered off, they will come back inshore after a spell of settled weather
    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Originally posted by bd500 View Post
      at that size they are more likely to be shad which are a protected species and should be returned
      Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
        at that size they are more likely to be shad which are a protected species and should be returned
        No. They are herring. I have checked

Comment

It doesn't matter what size/species it is on Blyth pier in the summer months most fish will be bagged or left half chopped up stuck to a beam near half a dozen tins or cider bottles!!!

Comment

i managed a nice herring at 27cm from a boat just out from amble lovely to eat

Comment

Strange to hear no mackerel near shore. I went kayak fishing for mackerel yesterday (Sunday) and got mine only very close to st. Mary lighthouse. Definitely at casting reach from the rocks. While really nothing much further out (almost at the yellow buoy)

Comment

Big shoals of maccy about 4miles out... Could barely get past them last night to get to the bottom. Bit of settled wether will get them back into the piers
                "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                X