Tighnabruaich Pollock Hunting - P1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tighnabruaich Pollock Hunting - P1

Well with the Filipino's beating us to the drop on Saturday, it was Sunday before we got to the pier to get the Mackerel for the smoker and a few for Mark for bait in his quest for some Pollock!

Since I bought my multi-coloured smock in June, Mark has been searching for one to upstage me and unfortunately he found one - what an embarrassment fishing with him in public!!

Fortunately the pier was quite quiet and the Mackerel were there from the start and a good size too.

We just fish really light gear and a spinner with the treble swapped for a single hook - easier to shake the small ones off and no hauling in strings of five for us. Mark getting bored with Mackerel bashing set up another light rod with a 2oz lead and single hook baited with a strip of Mackerel. He sent it out about sixty yards and left it on the bottom. Very soon his rod nodded and he was into a fish, he was very excited to see what he had caught - what was it? I too wondered? He said "I think it is a Pollock."......................................... ............ It was a Mackerel!!

We had some great sport and within a couple of hours, with breaks for sandwiches, we had plenty for bait and the smoker, so it was off to the pub. I made him take off his smock before we got to the pub, but there was nothing I could do about his pink crocs!!

I tried a new ale to me - Jarl - Fyne Ales, lovely! After a few pints and lots of odd looks from the locals, it was back to the cottage to smoke the Mackerel.

So a successful first fishing trip, but the weather forecast looked poor for the next few days, so the Pollock hunt may have to wait!
    Last edited by Codqueen; 09-08-2015, 02:01 PM.

nice jacket mark goes well with the pink crocks
    consett warlord retired

Comment

Did someone call the fashion police ���� lol , good little session look's like a lovely quite spot and a cracking public house ��
      species so far :cod,whiting,coalie,dab,flounder ,plaice,3bearded rockling,mackeral,granny fish best for 2012 :6lbcod

Comment

Originally posted by pop39 View Post
        Did someone call the fashion police ���� lol , good little session look's like a lovely quite spot and a cracking public house ��
        That's why I wrote the report, because Mark was jailed by the fashion police and I am refusing to pay his bail!

Comment

Originally posted by Codqueen View Post
          That's why I wrote the report, because Mark was jailed by the fashion police and I am refusing to pay his bail!
          Haha, very funny Lynn!!

I am free now!
          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Great report and pics as usual Lynn! I bet that boat full of people were there just to see those pink crocs....
            Last edited by DubberGaz; 09-08-2015, 08:06 PM. Reason: Rubbish spelling

Comment

A good report with plenty pictures as always
              Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
              CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

You should have titled the report - Crox n' Smox!!

Comment

Have you had any hassle, while fishing on the pier, from the bloke who lives in that huge Victorian house overlooking the pier?

The one with the big double gates, directly opposite the pier buildings?

FYI; If he's following on what he was doing two years ago, when we were up there, He'll be photographing and filming you and passing the "evidence" on to the Police and local "residents committee"

Just wondering

Steve

Comment

I have never had any problems at all fishing there. The now very part time Pier Master remembers me from 30 plus years ago! I was chatting to him before the Waverley came in.

Maybe the guy from the house has been told to pull his head in, as the pier is open to all. There is always someone who thinks they own the place, usually incomers in my experience!

Comment

Working...
                    X