Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blyth Beach and St. Peter's Basin

Hi all,

'Wor lass' was out on the Toon with her girl mates which gave me a pass to do a spot of night fishing. I fancied Blyth beach for a change and decided on fishing in front of the Astley pub.

I got to the beach about 9pm and fished till midnight - roughly an hour down and two hours up. I moved a few times until I started getting bites but was still within the Astley area. I ended up with 5 Whiting, 4 undersized and one sized but all skinny runts. I would have liked to have stayed longer but I'd lost 3 rigs I thought Blyth was meant to be a clean beach...) and the coffee was starting to wear off. Still, with my girlfriend having a heavy night I thought there'd be a chance of a quick session the next day with my left over bait.

Sure, enough my girlfriend was going to have a house day so I set off to fish St. Peters Basin. With the huge tide I wasn't expecting much but I didn't fancy driving to the coast - a quick session by the car was what I was after.

The tide pull was strong and there was a lot of rubbish in the water. There were also a lot of boats and jet skiers doing well over the speed limit (Part of me was hoping they'd hit some of the floating logs....). With this in mind I fished pretty close to the bank. I ended up with a whiting, flounder and a just sized codling all caught on lug tipped with fresh crab.

It was good to see you Reg - nice to put a face to a name

Thanks for reading
    James

canny report james so you have met the one and only reg top bloke in my book always ready to help if he can
    consett warlord retired

Comment

nice to meet you aswell james.ps,was just by chance we met.dont think that other angler was a full shilling?.

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
        nice to meet you aswell james.ps,was just by chance we met.dont think that other angler was a full shilling?.
        how way reg full shilling
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
          Definitively - I attract them. Told me I was daft for using shock leader as it would scare the fish away - all he used was 15lb straight through. 'Three flounder' in his bag pack for his tea

Comment

Originally posted by dale19 View Post
            how way reg full shilling
            .well he wasent al there.imo.

Comment

nice report mate, nice fish
              My Fishing Blog
              http://seafishingnews.wordpress.com/?ref=spelling

Comment

Originally posted by james89 View Post

I would have liked to have stayed longer but I'd lost 3 rigs I thought Blyth was meant to be a clean beach...)
                Still a few snaggy spots as you found !!

canny report and sounds like u had a good night

Comment

well done on a few fish anyways mate

Comment

Working...
                  X