Mackerel, flowers and sunsets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mackerel, flowers and sunsets!

I thought I'd take a turn at writing a "catch" report.

The weekend was strangely sunny and with the tide being full at 1pm, we thought we'd take a turn down to Wemyss Bay for a wee change and save getting the ferry. It's just a 15 minute drive to some nice rocks, straight into deepish water, we really should go there more often.

Being such nice weather I didn't really want to wear "fishing clothes" so I took charge of the camera for once and let Mark do the fishing. He caught a couple of small Mackerel straight away and set up the other rod with a running float in the hope of something other than the tigers....................................he was unsuccessful in his quest!

Still the weather was lovely and I took a few pictures of some nice flowers!

Neither of us were really interested in fishing to be honest, so we packed up and went to the local cafe for a 99!!

After that we dumped the car and went to the Spinnaker for tea. Mark took the camera back and took these sunsets.

Not sure why my photos are different sizes? Mark doesn't know either, I think we need to do a camera workshop!
    Last edited by Codqueen; 02-09-2015, 10:54 AM.

Class pics from you both
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Cracking pics!

Comment

Brilliant photos, nice read as always

Comment

I can see rods dumped and yous coming over to the north east armed only with the camera to get some spectacula sunrises behind Whitley Bay St. Mary's lighthouse to go with the sunsett and flowers. Supurb photo's from both of you
          P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Yes great pics as always

Comment

as members have said,very nice pictures.nice change of scenery for yous aswell.

Comment

I do know why the photos are different sizes Lynn!

The first one, I took on my phone, so it's smaller, Your first photo was taken portrait, the rest were landscape.

They are lovely though!
                2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

cracking photos
                  Alan

Comment

Great report and photo`s.Thanks Codqueen

Comment

Some lovely pics there.
                      Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
                      X