River Tyne, what a mess!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Tyne, what a mess!

I had a look down the Tyne on Tuesday morning, only had a few hours spare and a small tide and flat sea made the river an easy choice. Proper lazy I was too because I went to Hebburn so I could almost fish out of my car.
    Got there early in the flood and it was a fish a chuck, mainly small stuff but I did have seven size fish too, codling, flounders and whiting.
    I've not posted for a while and I'm sorry but this ones a bit of a moan too. The place was a right mess, such a shame really because it's a nice place for kids and older anglers and there's usually a fish or two.
    I had ten minutes tidy up and put the bait wrappers, McDonald's cartons, and rubbish in the bins that were less than a hundred yards away! The old line I cut up and put it in my bin at home.
    Here's a few photos, cheers Ian.

sounds like a canny little sesh there mate. watch out for the sharps though if yer cleaning the mess up down there

Comment

Canny spot for a few lazy hours. I had a couple of hours down there after work last week and picked loads of line and stuff up on the wooden raised section, no need for it when there are plenty bins. Senseless.
      People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Well done Ian. Some canny sport as well.
        Mick.
        Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

know what your saying about the mess Ian,just had the dog
          in the local park and a bairn was tangled up in line.seems like some of the freshwater brigade are the same....

Comment

canny short session for you ian , pity about the mess, but most places are the same now rubbish all over its takes nowt to drop stuff in the binn at the end of the session these are the people that now give anglers a bad name.
            I know this is one of your favourite shots
            consett warlord retired

Comment

nice one m8 and well done on the fish

Comment

Well done for clearing the rubbish up. I don't suppose the lazy barstewards that left it get on here but if they do I hope they're well and truly ashamed to call themselves anglers.

Comment

Originally posted by DubberGaz View Post
                  Well done for clearing the rubbish up. I don't suppose the lazy barstewards that left it get on here but if they do I hope they're well and truly ashamed to call themselves anglers.
                  Won't be NESA lads that's for sure. Be those from the locker...

(haha...I'm on both)

Comment

shocking ian you should.nt have to clean up it will only get worse as more fish move into the river in the coming months welldone on your fish mate hope you and julie are ok not forgetting newton ofcourse
                    Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Well done on the fish mate seems to be a few showing in the river. Had the same bother at st peter's last week scruffy rags old line and bait wrappers left lying it boils my **** at times.doesn't help that the council have took one of the bins away! Still no exuse its only a100 yds to the next one.

Comment

With the fast food wrappers it probably says its not all people fishing who are leaving the mess. Well done on cleaning some of it up Ian, and on a few fish!
                        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Down at Hebburn marina today, the second car park at the top is littered with small plastic bags, I assume it from frozen crab. some of the mess is anglers, but not all.
                          I have been there when cars have pulled up had there lunch and chucked the wrappers and cans out of the car windows. I wanted to say something but held my tonque as there was two of them, younger than me.
                          Well done for cleaning some of it up, I normally collect some and put it in the bins.
                          Litter seems to be a social disease.

Comment

Originally posted by fish fingers View Post
                            shocking ian you should.nt have to clean up it will only get worse as more fish move into the river in the coming months welldone on your fish mate hope you and julie are ok not forgetting newton ofcourse
                            Cheers Stan, we are ok mate. Julie has had a tough start to the year though and she was in hospital for seven weeks. Hope that you Lynn and the boys are well, we'll have to catch up some time.
                            Ian.

Comment

Working...
                            X