Hartley 12Oct15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartley 12Oct15

After a long (and expensive) weekend in London, I planned a day off work in order to recover and get some rest. Fishing had crossed my mind and so on the train back last night I had a look at the tides and decided I'd have a short session around low tide. A few hours in the sea air would negate the effects of the Big Smoke!

I was set up with my first bait in the water at 8:30ish - what a great view:

After an hour or so I had a few casts behind me into what I think is called the crescent. The sea was rougher here and I soon got snagged and lost all my gear...

A bit miffed I returned to the West Bay and managed two little codling - both only just sized and returned to be caught another day .

A good morning's fishing - no monsters but good to be out in the fresh air and away from work. I reckon I lost about 3 rigs and 6 leads....much snaggier than when I fished here with Phil83 a few weeks ago; but I put that down to the movement in the water.

On the way back up to the car I turned a few rocks and found a couple of soft backs. I also collected a lot of loose line and a bonus lead which made me feel better about loosing my rigs...

Cheers for reading,
    James

good report and great pictures, especially the first one.

Comment

first picture is the crescent casting towards st marys island,the futher up the skeer the better there used to be a lot of doublers in the 80s 90s and early 2000,a big n/e good with Hartley island giving you some shelter. davy.
      PB
      COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
      COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
      Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
      Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
      Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
      Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
      Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Good mornings work m8 2 nice codling well done on putting them back

Comment

Good report James, and well done on the beach clean!

Comment

Good report James and with good pics too . Never fished there myself yet but it looks quite good on the google earth maps.Whats the parking like over that way ?

Comment

good report mate and well done on getting a couple oot!

Comment

nice report as usual james,aswell as photos,thanks for sharing.least you never blanked.ps,if i here of any leads found down there with JS 89 on them,anglers will know there yours.LOL.

Comment

Good report and sme cracking pics mate.

Comment

a brilliant way to wind down...

Comment

Originally posted by durhamangler View Post
                      good report james and with good pics too . Never fished there myself yet but it looks quite good on the google earth maps.whats the parking like over that way ?
                      theres a car park just down from the pub a short walk to the stairs puts you on to the skeers, davy.
                      PB
                      COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                      COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                      Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                      Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                      Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                      Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                      Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Good stuff James, that first photo is brill. Always been one of my favourite places Hartley.

Comment

Great report, James. I live in the bloody "big smoke" and reading that and seeing the pics made me feel like jumping straight in the car and heading for Hartley. Top stuff
                          PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
                            theres a car park just down from the pub a short walk to the stairs puts you on to the skeers, davy.
                            Cheers Davy

Comment

Cheers for the comments lads.

Originally posted by RossW View Post
                              Great report, James. I live in the bloody "big smoke" and reading that and seeing the pics made me feel like jumping straight in the car and heading for Hartley. Top stuff
                              Don't know how you do it...Weekend every now and then but thats all i can handle!

Comment

Working...
                              X