Walkway 12/2/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walkway 12/2/11

Fished the walkway today from 11:00 till 16:00. Would have gone on the pier but the gate was shut and me mate would have a bit difficulty climbing around. Virtually a fish a chuck small codling, canny coalies and this feller

Weighed in at about 3lb so having it for tea.

All in all a nice day, when we packed up at 4 it was starting to turn into chav city, sword fights with fishing rods etc. anyway left them with some canny bait.

I still hate the F*****g walkway though as a venue.

Gordon
    Last edited by g.ordon; 01-05-2013, 06:34 PM.

good session gordon enjoy the fish tea
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Well done, nice to see some catch reports coming in,

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
        Fished the walkway today from 11:00 till 16:00. Would have gone on the pier but the gate was shut and me mate would have a bit difficulty climbing around. Virtually a fish a chuck small codling, canny coalies and this feller

Weighed in at about 3lb so having it for tea.

All in all a nice day, when we packed up at 4 it was starting to turn into chav city, sword fights with fishing rods etc. anyway left them with some canny bait.

I still hate the F*****g walkway though as a venue.

Gordon
        nice one gordon, nearly went there meself when a see the gates shut but stuck it out at the hole in the wall only got a small cod for me effort ,and the rest of the pier never fairred any better, canny few down fishing, next to nowt caught. well theres always tomorrow if the forecasts wrong

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
          good session gordon enjoy the fish tea
          Just finshed it mate, absolutely delicious. Nowt like a fresh runner. Some guy on here not do long ago posted a youyube attachment on how to fillet fish properly, I took note and it worked a treat so a big thanks to him. Downside was I rang wor lass who was at the town and asked her to buy me a proper filliting knife, she did, but I didn't mean a £26 one

Chuck after that fiish I had a massive knock but thought it was mate over me so didn't react. When I realised it wasn't, to late, took to ground.

Comment

Cheers Jester, ave been having a terrible run for a few weeks so this has kind of lifted me a bit.

Bob, there was a few guys came along who had been fishing the pier and said same. Anyway ya didn't blank mate.

Comment

bet your glad the good lady bought you a cheap knife look after it mate,dont do what i did,which was pay about that price,god knows whyi dont fillet any how lent it out a few times, didnt clean it ended up looking like a saw blade
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Nice fish mate sounds like a canny sesh.
                Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

If thats 3lb al eat my rod bag, it looks knowhere near 3lb, look luck to be 1lb 10oz by looking at the measure!!

Mind u, its one more codling then ave had in the last couple of weeks, so well done. AND... Theres nowt wrong with walkway, one of my favourite venues, second only to shields pier.
                  South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Walkway

Can you tell me where it is and what bait to use

Comment

Originally posted by <(Andy2009)> View Post
                      If thats 3lb al eat my rod bag, it looks knowhere near 3lb, look luck to be 1lb 10oz by looking at the measure!!

Mind u, its one more codling then ave had in the last couple of weeks, so well done. AND... Theres nowt wrong with walkway, one of my favourite venues, second only to shields pier.
                      The measure wasn't mine, I'd never use one of them, It was one of the 4 guys fishing next to us who brought it over, not at my request like. They reckoned 3 1/2lb and so did I but anyway when weighed it on the scales at home it was only 3lb. I think the measure goes to 50cm, when has a cod of that length weighed 1 10?

Walkway's Ok if ya wana look at the ar*e end of north shields fish quay all day like.
                      Last edited by g.ordon; 12-02-2011, 09:25 PM.

Comment

just my luck normally fish there with the youngin but we ended up at shields pier had to make do with the brigade hut as first gate was full managed 1 small coaly (well the baird did lol) and his mate got a rockling ,moved onto church bank and a bite a cast we all cought fish 2 small coaly and a flattie well done tho mate nice to get a fillet for ya tea

Comment

Originally posted by IANG View Post
                          Can you tell me where it is and what bait to use
                          South Shields mate, just around the corner from the little haven hotel. Bait used today was crab and cast into the middle of the river or further. mate used rag at shorter range and got a canny few fish also. You can park right next to the place next to the boat yard. Good luck.

Comment

nice fish mate i might try the walkway tomorrow but probs end up on the pier again, had 3 fish there today 2 codling and a rockling. canny day out just had to watch out for the waves lol. the fat codling weighed 2lb 2oz the skinny 1 was 1lb8oz.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gary2010 View Post
                              nice fish mate i might try the walkway tomorrow but probs end up on the pier again, had 3 fish there today 2 codling and a rockling. canny day out just had to watch out for the waves lol. the fat codling weighed 2lb 2oz the skinny 1 was 1lb8oz.
                              Nice fish mate. A think it's a case of the heart ruling the mind. I'll fish the pier any day rather than walkway or even better some rockmark up the coast, but walkway did it again for me today. I still hate the place though.

Comment

Working...
                              X