Cold and Wet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold and Wet.

Been reading some these nice fishy reports for a few from last couple days and nights,but what l find quite strange, shocking or well funny really,is everyone going on about how Wet and Cold,Soaking Wet,Drowned,Soaked to the Skin,they have all been while out fishing.
    Saturday night in particular was heavy downpours,correctly as forecast ,torrential l would call it at one stage,and long and constant.
    Anyways the point to this,me l ve fished for a long time,and im not into getting wet,cold,or swimming while wading,in winter especially or summer for that matter,for one reason spoils my fishing and l cant function properly from being just basically old.Anglers nowadays go out spend some huge amounts of money,on the best rods and reels,tackle etc then go ware some non waterproof or warm, clothing,bemuses me.

Saturday night my hands only got wet from baiting up,and a couple dry tea towels in box sorts that out, but dry as a bone all night ,and warm everywhere else.Not here to push what or where to get clothing,just a little observation from lot comments made,only advice l would give dont be buying purpose made fishing clothing,in general its not very good, warm or waterproof when the elements get extreme.
    Last edited by Raptor1; 16-11-2015, 06:09 AM.

Aye but did you catch anything?

Comment

Answer to that is quite simple size codling whilst dry warm and happy.
      And yeah l know, this was ment to go in main fishing section and not this catch reports cant get it all right.
      Last edited by Raptor1; 16-11-2015, 08:19 AM.

Comment

All of my jackets once started off waterproof but when they get used as much as mine with wear & tear there not gonna stay waterproof for long,you can do out you want to them spray, wax, oils, they anly work up to a certain extent then it's out the window. they al end up with holes or something at some point and you where saying about spending so much on rods reels exc I've still got most of my gear that I've purchased over the years from being a kid ! Ain't got no clothing from the past 3 years it just simply don't last as long when it's getting hammered regularly in my eyes.

Comment

Some of the outdoor clothing stores stock better kit and it lasts longer than a lot of the expensive purpose made fishing stuff!

Well done on the codling
          "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
          PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor1 View Post
            Answer to that is quite simple size codling whilst dry warm and happy.
            And yeah l know, this was ment to go in main fishing section and not this catch reports cant get it all right.
            Nice one on the Fish and the keeping warm

Comment

Originally posted by mitch_dow View Post
              All of my jackets once started off waterproof but when they get used as much as mine with wear & tear there not gonna stay waterproof for long,you can do out you want to them spray, wax, oils, they anly work up to a certain extent then it's out the window. they al end up with holes or something at some point and you where saying about spending so much on rods reels exc I've still got most of my gear that I've purchased over the years from being a kid ! Ain't got no clothing from the past 3 years it just simply don't last as long when it's getting hammered regularly in my eyes.
              Would agree on some points to a degree,im definately not a fair weather angler go as and when ,and anywhere conditions dictate or not as maybe,usually the weather tends tobe wet and windy in general when it is right as you know,.
              Current jacket is five plus years old and totally waterproof and intact still,expect to get 10year out of it simple as that.As for frequency it gets well used,thats in the high hundred plus times a year between actually fishing digging and bait collecting,yeah l got all the time in the world being off graft indefinately now,
              and as for my gear as the name says raptors like me been around a long time,and will continue to stay nice dry and warm.

p.s. no secret miracles either,Nikwax Tech wash,cleans stink of bait and fish,and then TX Direct,reproofs good clothings waterproofing, mind gauranteed not to fix holes though.

Comment

2007 berghause

bought a berghaus gortex shell fleece zips inside £90 shell £25 fleece dalton park still waterproof as a precaution now i nick wax once a year very warm ,stillwater breathable over trousers glasgow angling £44 brilliant
                Last edited by Huahin; 19-11-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

pvc

I blanked again!!!! except for a dose of health giving ozone.

Lads reporting being soaked... Why. Igot an industrial strength PVC all in one hooded brass zipped siut in the 80's from an industrial shop in Lynemouth next to the co op for £11.00. Alcan in full swing then. Canny bit more pricey now mind From that day rain was never a problem. PVC is totally impervious to the weather, rain bounces off. Some promising PVC hooded work wear on ebay for around £12/15.. being workware they should be strong enoght to stand fishing . get huge size to go over yr other gear and allow casting..soaking prob sovled for coppers. woven material will always let water in no matter what s claimed.
                  Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Reply With Quote

Comment

Well put us out of our misery Raptor1. What is the make of your jacket that keeps you so warm and dry?

Comment

Been reading some these nice fishy reports for a few from last couple days and nights,but what l find quite strange, shocking or well funny really,is everyone going on about how Wet and Cold,Soaking Wet,Drowned,Soaked to the Skin,they have all been while out fishing.
                      Saturday night in particular was heavy downpours,correctly as forecast ,torrential l would call it at one stage,and long and constant.
                      Anyways the point to this,me l ve fished for a long time,and im not into getting wet,cold,or swimming while wading,in winter especially or summer for that matter,for one reason spoils my fishing and l cant function properly from being just basically old.Anglers nowadays go out spend some huge amounts of money,on the best rods and reels,tackle etc then go ware some non waterproof or warm, clothing,bemuses me.

Saturday night my hands only got wet from baiting up,and a couple dry tea towels in box sorts that out, but dry as a bone all night ,and warm everywhere else.Not here to push what or where to get clothing,just a little observation from lot comments made,only advice l would give dont be buying purpose made fishing clothing,in general its not very good, warm or waterproof when the elements get extreme.
                      Aye am dying to know what this wonderful coat is also fantasy fisherman comes to mind

Comment

Fantasy Jackets and Waders

Originally posted by broon shoe View Post
                        Aye am dying to know what this wonderful coat is also fantasy fisherman comes to mind
                        This Fantasy angler give you all the good advice your ever going to get or need in the first post,the one you very kindly highlighted again in your post.If you think five year old red waterproof jackets is a longtime and good story,what you going to make of my waders tale then.

Ive been waring my one and only pair of Green neoprene studded chest waders since 1991, and every year since and most sessions,fishing ,digging,bla bla and walked hundreds, na probably a thousand miles in them,l dont drive so l walk a lot, and yeah their still waterproof,warm and intact too,would you believe it,why dont you ask your old good mate John Bohil from ID Fishing,you reckon you known him well a long time,he sold me those very same fantasy waders in 1991 in the old Chillingham road shop.

Hey while your at it ,you can tell him his now old fantasy comp fishing partners asking after him,been a while and far too long since we had a night out or fishing sesh together.

Comment

This Fantasy angler give you all the good advice your ever going to get or need in the first post,the one you very kindly highlighted again in your post.If you think five year old red waterproof jackets is a longtime and good story,what you going to make of my waders tale then.

Ive been waring my one and only pair of Green neoprene studded chest waders since 1991, and every year since and most sessions,fishing ,digging,bla bla and walked hundreds, na probably a thousand miles in them,l dont drive so l walk a lot, and yeah their still waterproof,warm and intact too,would you believe it,why dont you ask your old good mate John Bohil from ID Fishing,you reckon you known him well a long time,he sold me those very same fantasy waders in 1991 in the old Chillingham road shop.

Hey while your at it ,you can tell him his now old fantasy comp fishing partners asking after him,been a while and far too long since we had a night out or fishing sesh together.
                          AM lost off with your john crap bla bla bla and as far as your advice well you know what can do with that but hope you stay warm dry and comfy in ya old smelly tatty waders must of been one of johns best customers yee like

Comment

Sorry steve.

Originally posted by broon shoe View Post
                            AM lost off with your john crap bla bla bla and as far as your advice well you know what can do with that but hope you stay warm dry and comfy in ya old smelly tatty waders must of been one of johns best customers yee like
                            .think he,s got you biteing,but imo i think he,s right.IVE still got the {old old}VIKING oil skins,top @bottoms,use them all the time,fishing +digging.{orange ones}.ive also got HEAVEY DUTY waders,the ones they use in underground sewers,steel caps,3,4 times thicker than the usual ones,no signs of were.dont get me wrong,ive still bought the latest gear,floatation suits,ocean waders,but i wish i hadent.will be SELLING them shortly on here {bad advert}.so end of day,would be nice for yous to call it a DRAW.

Comment

I think if you're going to fishing in torrential rain, you need oilskins/PVC as has been said.
                              I bought the Vass 550 series oilskin smock for Norway and is totally waterprrof.
                              Take a look at the video in the link below of a man being jet washed while wearing the 55o series.
                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X