roker pier 17/11/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roker pier 17/11/15

went to Roker Pier at 10.30am for low tide at 12.45pm. Bait used rag worm on a two hook flapper. My mate Malcolm caught a small 4" see through flattie and I caught.......nowt, not even a bite. There was about a dozen people fishing altogether using all manner of bait and they had nowt either apart from one bloke who caught a 2 1/2 lb bass before we arrived but I don't know what bait he was using. The predicted bad weather started arriving shortly after 1.00pm so we, and just about everyone else skedaddled before it got too bad. Never mind, the weather forecast is for a good northerly in the next few days and that should bring some fish inshore

Well done on getting out mate. A 'bad' report is as valuable as a 'good' report in my opinion. Might be due to the fresh water that's coming down the Wear at the moment.

Good luck for the rest of the week - as you say winds are looking like they will improve

Comment

Good point James, as a very good angler from the area (rocker from nesa) once advised me, "you can learn more from the blank nights".

Comment

Same story on Sunday, not much about.
        Well done on braving the crap weather.

Comment

2nd that.

Originally posted by magpies View Post
          Good point James, as a very good angler from the area (rocker from nesa) once advised me, "you can learn more from the blank nights".
          .was going to mention james point this morning,but thought i would of been laughted at.all the years ive been fishing @ never heard {his point},but its 100% correct,well said that man..

Comment

Fished the wear on the monday from 11-30 am to 6pm.lot of whiteys.flatties and the odd coddling upto 2-1/2lb.lot of fresh water in wear.you could see it out past piers as was dirty from washing down river.was still plenty fish about.not sure on this but apparently fresh water is lighter than salt water and will float on top.

Comment

You are correct, fresh water does float on top of salt, that is why you should never get seawater from the bay or river for your worms as the salt content is way less than the seaward side and will kill your worms.

Comment

Another good session wear today.still loads of fresh water comeing down but plenty fish about.some good size whiteys n couple codling.blacks.rag n macky

Comment

Originally posted by cod father View Post
                  Another good session wear today.still loads of fresh water comeing down but plenty fish about.some good size whiteys n couple codling.blacks.rag n macky

Thanks for the info marra, going to head down today and tomorrow, i'll look out for the hat

Comment

Good luck n hope you bag a few.leave some for me tomorow lol

Comment

Working...
                    X