Brass monkeys bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass monkeys bass

Went down and checked out the conditions yesterday morning and thought it looked perfect for Newbiggin Bay - good sea rolling in and lots of colour in the water. I was a bit disappointed when I turned up at 6:30 to fish the tide up and say how much it had flattened off.

Couldn't be bothered to move so thought I'd still give it a go. There were about another 15 or so lads fishing and a few fish about so thought it would be worth it. Had bited from the off on cart wings and peeler donkey chokers but struggled to hit them. Finally lipped a codling about 1 and three quarters for the pan and then straight after my first bass since I started fishing again. Beautiful fish, returned to fight another day.

Got another two out after that, biggest 5lb 3 oz which made freezing my fingers off worthwhile. All fish were lipped and the two I brought back were rammed full of crab and shrimp. Maybe there was so much feed about that they were just nibbling at the bait?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by robbo1530; 22-11-2015, 10:25 AM.

Well done Robbo m8 cracking session and a nice silver bar

Comment

Cracking session mate, nice report.
      ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
      Okuma trio Rex
      Aerlex 7000xsa
      Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Nice catch.

The bigger cod must greedy fond looking at its belly. Well done for standing in the weather. Deserved the fish and a bass to boot...... WELL DONE....
        LOVE TO FISH, HATE TO BLANK. STAY AT HOME AND HAVE A BREAKFAST .....

Comment

Cracking session mate.

Comment

Well done, I would be made up with that sesh
            Weapons of choice
            Yuki Q6
            Penn Surfblaster 7000
            Yuki Pro Surf
            Penn Surfblaster 7000

2016- Plaice, Dab, Flounder, Mackerel, Coalie, short spined Scorpion fish, Dogfish, Pouting, Whiting
            2017- Whiting, Codling, Coalie, Flounder, Turbot, Plaice, Bass, Pouting, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing wrasse

Comment

Originally posted by carlrmc View Post
              Well done, I would be made up with that sesh
              I'll double that... a Bass has still eluded me!

Comment

well done on the bass especially

Comment

Working...
                X