ssp 26/11/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssp 26/11/15

went down 11.30am to fish high tide at 3.30pm fishing between marks 33/34. Used lug worm and two hook flapper on size 2/0 barbed hooks.
    Very little happening. I caught three under size cole fish, which were returned to the water to fight another day.
    I left at 4.00pm after losing two bottom ends.
    One lad caught a decent cod about three pound from the bay side just down from the wheel. That was about 12noon and very little since.
    When I got back to the car I had a flat tyre so I blew it up to get me home. When I started to drive off in the car the low fuel light come on. Just what you don't need after a session.
    Never mind the weather was pleasant enough with the wind easing off during the session.

Well done

Comment

Daylight and flat seas will always be hard going at this time of year. You'd probably have been better off a bit further up around the 44 mark fishing the ebb into darkness (or if you were stuck with those times trying the river).

At least you didn't blank and the weather was OK for you even if your motor decided to act up on the way home
      CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

well it was a look out m8 better luck next time
        consett warlord retired

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
          Daylight and flat seas will always be hard going at this time of year. You'd probably have been better off a bit further up around the 44 mark fishing the ebb into darkness (or if you were stuck with those times trying the river).

At least you didn't blank and the weather was OK for you even if your motor decided to act up on the way home
          ^agree^. Some nice fish off the 44 area last night
          "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
          PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
          X