Canny night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canny night

Decided to fish the tide up last night/this morning and take advantage of the lifting sea. Got to Newbiggin Bay and was in the water for 11:30. The conditions looked great but the four lads along from me had nowt between them in four hours fishing so I wasn't sure if it was going to be one of those nights.

Anyway, a lad called Chris came along from fishing the sandbar with a beauty of 8lb 14 (I weighed it for him) so there were fish about I thought. Missed a good knock first cast but then landed one an ounce shy of 3lb second cast. Next hour was quiet but then three in three casts, one just over 3lb, one at just over 2 which was returned and one at 2.5, deep hooked so kept. Got two more out in the last hour before high water, another at 2.5 returned and a deep hooked one at an ounce under 2lb.

So a canny night all in all - tried various baits but cart wing and peeler cocktails accounted for all the fish. When I gutted them they were all full of crab.
    Attached Files

Nice bag Robbo!

Comment

nice report,robbo.good session for you also.ps,think nesa members are telling you to much requards fishing venues,LOL.

Comment

Nice sesh
        ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
        Okuma trio Rex
        Aerlex 7000xsa
        Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Well done robbo nice end to the year for you m8 if your up north any time give me a pm

Comment

Originally posted by broon shoe View Post
            Well done robbo nice end to the year for you m8 if your up north any time give me a pm
            Will do mate. Actually thinking about getting out tomorrow night if the missus lets me - maybe try Cambois which I've not really fished before.

Comment

Working...
            X